Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACEGI LDAP Connection Leak

Hi,
    we're in production with a spring application that uses httpinvoker for remoting services and basic authentication with Acegi for authenticating this requests.
    The user registry is an Active Directory and we're using the default implementation of Agegi's ldapAuthenticationProvider.

The problem is that LDAP connections leack terribly... a single user generates more then 20 connections after a couple of requests; these connections stay alive for at least 15 minutes.

If tried working with ldap parameters:
    Java:
    -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.maxsize=10
    -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout=3000

and also disabling connection poolingt and decreasing ldap timeout
    Spring:
    <property name="useConnectionPool" value="false"/>
    Java:
    -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout=3000

Nothing appens,
    connections keep growing and staying alive for 15 minutes (something related to a TCP timeout somewere in the network I belive....)

We're using:
    Spring (core 2.0-rc2)
    ACEGI 1.0.1
    WebSphere application server 6.0
    Microsoft Active Directory

Any help would be dramatically welcome...
    ciao
    marcello
    Last edited by marcio; Nov 8th, 2006, 09:12 AM. Reason: Wrong sub-forum don't know how to delete....

The LDAP parts of Acegi currently has nothing to do with Spring LDAP. Try posting in the Acegi forum in stead.

Comment

I know... if you read the reason for the last modification is that I'm not able to delete the thread I created.... sorry... if you can delete it do it without any problem, I've already created the thread in the right forum...

sorry again and thanks

Comment

Working...
      X