Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ldap Policy Messages

Hi,

Can I intercept policy messages from the Ldap server where pwdPolicy(Behera draft based) is enforced on the server using spring-ldap? The policy messages like account lock out message, password expiry warning etc needs to be trapped.

I have a requirement that I need to authenticate each user against the ldap server and also process the policy message generated on connecting with the credentials provided by the user.

I have seen in the forum that custom authentication can do that by providing a custom AuthenticationSource. Would have really loved to see a easier way implemented within the ldap-template.

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rajesh

We have discussed implementing a light-weight authentication "framework" within Spring LDAP. We'd recommend Acegi Security anyday, but perhaps some users have reasons for not using it.

Comment

At the moment there's no easy way of intercepting e.g. a PasswordExpiringResponseControl. In the upcoming release however, we are adding a DirContextProcessor interface, which will allow you to inspect any ResponseControls returned to you from the server after an LDAP operation has been performed.

Comment

I also ran into this problem....

Originally posted by rasky View Post
        At the moment there's no easy way of intercepting e.g. a PasswordExpiringResponseControl. In the upcoming release however, we are adding a DirContextProcessor interface, which will allow you to inspect any ResponseControls returned to you from the server after an LDAP operation has been performed.
        I also ran into this problem....
        I used this method to authenticate users in ldap, but can only get a true/false result.

ldapTemplate.authenticate(dn, filter.toString(), user.getUserPassword());

I also need get the Password Policy Messge by Spring-ldap.

Can you give me a simple sample by using DirContextProcessor to get the message while authenticating user ?

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
        X