X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple LDAP Urls

Hi, I have successfully got things working with one of my servers. Now I'm trying to hit multiple ldap servers and having no luck.

Here is my spring context:

Code:
       <!-- Define the ldap context source -->
        <bean id="contextSource" class="org.springframework.ldap.support.LdapContextSource">
            <property name="urls" value="ldap://10.71.200.11:389, ldap://10.91.200.11:389"/>
            <property name="authenticationSource" ref="authenticationSource"/>
        </bean>

<!-- Define our authentication source -->
        <bean id="authenticationSource"
              class="org.springframework.ldap.support.authentication.DefaultValuesAuthenticationSourceDecorator">
            <property name="target" ref="threadLocalAuthenticationSource"/>
            <property name="defaultUser" value="manager"/>
            <property name="defaultPassword" value="secret"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="threadLocalAuthenticationSource" class="com.edlending.spring.ThreadLocalAuthenticationSource"/>

<!-- Define the LdapTemplate -->
        <bean id="ldapOperations" class="org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate">
            <constructor-arg ref="contextSource"/>
            <property name="ignorePartialResultException" value="true"/>
        </bean>
    Am I doing something wrong with my urls property of the contextSource?

Thanks in advance.

The configuration looks ok to me. What happens (i.e. are you getting a stack trace or is there something else going wrong)?

Comment

No stack trace, just not getting the results I expect.

For example, if I do a search for a person based on a unique attribute when I only have 1 url specified the result is as expected. However when I add the 2nd URL the first search no longer works.

I apologize as I have not looked into implementation details, but I expected that the search would search both LDAP trees in this case.

Thanks,
      Bryan

Comment

I'm afraid that's not the way it works. The use of multiple urls is described in Sun's ldap tutorial:
        Instead of just one URL, you can also supply a space-separated list of URLs. In this case, the LDAP provider will attempt to use each URL in turn until it is able to create a successful connection. The LDAP provider will then set the Context.PROVIDER_URL property to the successful URL, so that the application can determine which URL is being used.
        It's mostly useful for ensuring access to an LDAP server when you have a number of mirrored servers and don't care which one you connect to.

Comment

Gotcha thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X