X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Pooling

Is there a way to pass jndi connections to the framework? The Connection Pooling used is not adequate as it is JVM wide. We need to deploy multiple applications in WebLogic Server and do not want to share the same connection pool for all applications.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are you going to implement your own connection pool or do you just want to create your DirContext instances elsewhere?

Anyway, if you want to create/get your DirContext instances differently you should probably look at creating a custom ContextSource implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by rasky
      I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are you going to implement your own connection pool or do you just want to create your DirContext instances elsewhere?

Anyway, if you want to create/get your DirContext instances differently you should probably look at creating a custom ContextSource implementation.

I am looking to use my own connection pool. I would like to be able to tell the framework the pool i wish to use. Maybe the JDK pool is good enough, or maybe i need to use a different connection pool.

Comment

It all depends on how your pool is implemented. How would you typically manage the pool if you were outside of the Spring LDAP framework?

I think I'll need more information in order to give any proper advise on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by rasky
          It all depends on how your pool is implemented. How would you typically manage the pool if you were outside of the Spring LDAP framework?

I think I'll need more information in order to give any proper advise on the subject.

I have my own ConnectionPool Interface. I have two implementations of that Interface, one using JNDI, and one using the Netscape LDAP SDK.

Comment

What does your ConnectionPool interface return? If it is DirContext instances, we're back to my initial suggestion - you'll need to create your own ContextSource implementation which would ask your ConnectionPool interface for DirContext instances. It shouldn't be very difficult to do.

If it's on a lower level I'm not sure if I can help you.

Comment

Working...
            X