Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LDAP number of connection exceeded from defined limit and connection unavailable Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP number of connection exceeded from defined limit and connection unavailable

Server: jetty-8.1.8.v20121106
    Deployed platform:SunOS espa 5.10 Generic_147440-27 sun4v sparc sun4v
    Spring: 3.1.2
    LDAP Novel: jldap 4.3
    Spring LDAP: 1.3.1
    Apache Commons Pool:1.5.4

we observed two issues as follows:
    1. Connection lost issue with exceeded number of connections size from the defined maximum number of connection pool size.
    2. Unavailable: Failed to borrow DirContext from pool.; nested exception is java.util.NoSuchElementException: Timeout waiting for idle object. Ongoing transaction aborted.

Logs of both issues attached with LDAP context settings.

Please help me and let me know if any configured parameters tuning will resolve the issue or is a known issue which resolved by upgrading any component.

Here we are suspecting concurrent transaction management issue of commons pool which exceeded pool size than defined limit and in another case ongoing transaction of a connection aborted during that concurrent transaction load time.

So we are in a plan to upgrade Apache Commons Pool 1.5.4 to latest version 1.6. Expecting this pool issue resolved in the latest release one.

Please let me have your kind guidances to be in right track for the issue resolutions.

Kindly help me providing your open kind inputs, which may help me to have its permanent resolution if I am in wrong track please.

Comment

Working...
    X