Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to borrow DirContext from pool. in 1.3.1.RELEASE

Hi

Have just upgraded from 1.3.1.RELEASE to 1.3.1.RELEASE on account of wanting to use LdapTemplate.authenticate().

Now my integration test all fail with:

Code:
    org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: Failed to borrow DirContext from pool.; nested exception is java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a validated object, cause: ValidateObject failed
    	at org.springframework.ldap.pool.factory.PoolingContextSource.getContext(PoolingContextSource.java:425)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.pool.factory.PoolingContextSource.getReadWriteContext(PoolingContextSource.java:408)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeReadWrite(LdapTemplate.java:801)
    Could not create a validated object, cause: ValidateObject failed
    Do I need to set config in a different way ? Am i missing some fundamental part of the setup?
    Code:
    <bean id="ldapPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
    	<property name="location" value="classpath:gcd-ldap-${environment}.properties" />
    </bean> 

<bean id="dirContextValidator"
    	class="org.springframework.ldap.pool.validation.DefaultDirContextValidator">
    	<property name="base" value="o=nomura.com"></property>
    	<property name="filter" value="cn=*"></property>
    </bean>

<bean id="abstractPool" class="org.springframework.ldap.pool.factory.PoolingContextSource">
    	<property name="contextSource" ref="ldapContextSource"/>
    	<property name="dirContextValidator" ref="dirContextValidator"/>
    	<property name="testOnBorrow" value="true"/>
    	<property name="testWhileIdle" value="true"/>
    </bean>

name="testOnBorrow" value="true"></property>
    	</bean-->

<bean id="ldapContextSource" class="org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource">
    	<property name="url" value="${ldap.url}" />
    	<property name="userDn" value="${ldap.username}" />
    	<property name="password" value="${ldap.password}" />
    	<property name="pooled" value="false" />
    </bean>
    Thanks in advance

Were you ever able to get around this issue? I have the exact problem.

Thanks,
    Sean

Comment

I got the exact same error when I added

<property name="testOnBorrow" value="true"/>

to configuration url. I get a warning before the exception:

WARN [org.springframework.ldap.pool.validation.DefaultDi rContextValidator] -
      DirContext 'javax.naming.ldap.InitialLdapContext@d150d15' failed validation with an
      exception.javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedExcept ion: [LDAP: error code 53 - Unwilling To Perform];
      Remaining name: ''

I suppose Spring performs a request to the LDAP server to check if the connection it's still active and that this request is not considered valid by my ldap server. I just don't know what I need to change to fix that.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X