Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i found the issue. I ran the app both ways and i see that either way an error is generated but when run out process, it seems to be handled just fine but in the spring app, things dont go as well:
    This is the log from the "healthy" run of the hive script. (out of process)

2013-02-14 11:08:28,268 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore (HiveMetaStore.java:logInfo(416)) - 1: Metastore shutdown complete.
    2013-02-14 11:08:28,269 INFO HiveMetaStore.audit (HiveMetaStore.java:logAuditEvent(232)) - ugi=hdfs ip=unknown-ip-addr cmd=Metastore shutdown complete.
    2013-02-14 11:08:28,269 ERROR server.TThreadPoolServer (TThreadPoolServer.java:run(182)) - Error occurred during processing of message.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction.process(ProcessF unction.java:34)
    at org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor.process(TBaseProc essor.java:34)
    at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerP rocess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:176)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    @

Comment

I don't think this is the actual problem - this occurs during the hive shutdown process after the metastore is closed.
      Now if this is what actually shows up in your test (the NPE inside the close-up) there's not really much we can do since as you've seen as well, when executing on the server side this occurs during shutdown so there are no further reports.
      Same thing happens in my tests but I'm closing the server after the test executes and ignoring any exceptions (the testing is complete).
      For your case I recommend trying to ignore this exception after Hive is being closed - it's not pretty I know but this is how things are - it basically seems the Thrift processor doesn't handle the shutdown nicely...

Comment

Working...
      X