X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job not appearing on JobTracker user interface

While trying to use Spring Hadoop to run map-reduce using the maven-assembly approach outlined @ http://www.petrikainulainen.net/prog...apache-hadoop/

The job runs successfully and generated output but does not appear on the Job Tracker user interface.

Also, the logs show the warning: WARN [org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader] - <Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable>

I am not sure if these two are inter-related. Any explanation of this behavior will be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Saurabh

I tried running the wordcount example that comes bundled with spring-data-hadoop-0.9.0.RELEASE. Observation was same with this example: the Job Tracker user interface didn't track this job.

Is this a issue with Spring Hadoop?

Comment

Did you set 'mapred.job.tracker' property in <hdp:configuration>..</..> like $HADOOP_HOME/conf/mapred-site.xml?

My spring-hadoop.xml is look like (spring-hadoop-1.0.0RC1)
      <hdp:configuration>
      fs.default.name=${hd.fs:hdfs://localhost:9000}
      mapred.job.tracker=${mapred.job.tracker:master:900 1}
      </hdp:configuration>
      There is no problem.

Comment

Thanks shekhina. I was missing the "mapred.job.tracker" property in the hdp configuration. Adding that fixed the issue and I am now able to see the job tracked on the Job Tracker UI.

Comment

shekhina is right (thanks for helping out).
          The underlying problem is that without setting up the job tracker, Hadoop will use the default one which can be a local tracker - meaning only one map/reduce task is executed on the local machine instead of the actual Hadoop cluster.
          This is a somewhat not-obvious side-effect that catches many (including us) by surprise.

Comment

Working...
          X