Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• examples in GemFire are all data nodes?

When running the examples, there is no separate starting of the nodes that hold data. The examples seem like they themselves start up the datanode meaning I have to write a main on each server? Is that true, or is there a way to start up all the datanodes first and then run the examples against my small little 3 node cluster?

https://community.gemstone.com/displ...+World+Example

Another thing that really wasn't nice was that the first example has localhost hardcoded in the code so it will not work on more than one node if someone wanted to play with the clustering(which is the first thing I want to do with a clustered environment like this). Any examples that run against 3 datanodes where I start the datanodes first and THEN run the example?

thanks,
    Dean

well, I figured out I can start with "cacheserver start" but still not sure on how I could run examples with the nodes I started without hacking/recompiling .

Comment

The gemfire tutorial has localhost hardcoded; I believe most of the other examples use configuration files. The tutorial was intended to as brief as possible, but I agree being able to configure the locator host would make it much easier to experiment with multiple computers.

That said, you can run the servers in the Client/Server Caching part tutorial on multiple computers, as long as you run the client and locator on the same machine. If your client and locator will run on the host churchill, you would start a cache server like this:

cacheserver start locators=churchill[55221] mcast-port=0 cache-xml-file=../xml/server.xml -server-port=0 -dir=server1
      The servers will connect to the locator on churchill. When the client tries to connect to a server, it will discover the location of the servers from the locator.

You could also take a look at the Server managed caching example, which uses a configuration file for the client that you could edit.

Comment

hi

Hi guys,,

Hmmmmh I am newbie to this forum/site but i done some research and i read all the comment about Spring Source Community it was really helpful guys all of those comment that you made thanks and regards god blessed to all

Lin

niche research for beginners

Comment

Working...
        X