X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repository Documentation for 1.2 M1

I know it is still early in 1.2 version, but the documentation on Repositories is a bit confusing.

The query could be defined by an annotation somewhere or declared by other means. Please consult the documentation of the specific store to find out what options are available for that store.
    I don't understand what it means "for that store" Being that the only store is Gemfire.

In Spring Data Neo4J you put

@Query on your repository method. Is that the same here? I thought the @Query was a Spring Data common thing that all Spring Data projects use.

Thanks

Mark

Duh, I was first reading chapter 6 for Spring Data Gemfire repositories, but it was a general chapter which you can find in the Spring Data commons, but really shouldn't be in the Spring Data Gemfire documentation.

It should go right into Chapter 7. Chapter 6 just threw me. Since I already had experience with other Spring Data projects.

Comment

Sorry, side note.

Why does Gemfire query have to have that silly "/" in front of table/region names?

Also, Chapter 7 has a typo in the first sentence

"into the repository programmin"

It is missing the "g"

Mark

Comment

Yeah, it is just because the project is at M1 that the docs aren't finished yet, they will be much better later.

Sorry.

Mark

Comment

We include the general introduction to the repositories abstractions as we neither want to repeat the general introduction into it's capabilities in each of the stores reference documentations nor publish a separate document for just the repositories stuff only. We will make sure that it get's more obvious that the first repository chapter is just an introductory one for upcoming releases.

The / in front of the region name is just what Gemfire users will expect as it's defined by their OQL dialect. See [0] for details.

[0] http://community.gemstone.com/display/gemfire/Querying

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Oliver Gierke View Post

The / in front of the region name is just what Gemfire users will expect as it's defined by their OQL dialect. See [0] for details.

[0] http://community.gemstone.com/display/gemfire/Querying
            Yes, I know that they have their query language with a "/". It is silly. That is the point I was making, especially since most of us will be coming from SQL and will tend to forget the silly "/"

And I really don't see anything that would cause that to be needed. They can create a lexicon that can parse the queries without the need for the "/"

But that is Gemfire, not Spring Data's issue.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X