Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slf4j and jsr303 validation conflict

Hello,

I've some problems with hibernate-validation 4.1.

I've change pom dependency from hibernate-validation 4.0.1 to 4.1 and now I cant start my application on glassfish 3.0.1 (don't know how about any other server) because server throw following error:

Code:
    org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'messageInterpolator' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/config/spring-messages.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [org.hibernate.validator.messageinterpolation.ResourceBundleMessageInterpolator]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.hibernate.validator.util.LoggerFactory.make()Lorg/slf4j/Logger;" the class loader (instance of org/glassfish/web/loader/WebappClassLoader) of the current class, org/hibernate/validator/resourceloading/PlatformResourceBundleLocator, and the class loader (instance of org/apache/felix/framework/ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader) for resolved class, org/hibernate/validator/util/LoggerFactory, have different Class objects for the type org/slf4j/Logger used in the signature
            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5289)
            at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:499)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:928)
            at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:912)
    Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.hibernate.validator.util.LoggerFactory.make()Lorg/slf4j/Logger;" the class loader (instance of org/glassfish/web/loader/WebappClassLoader) of the current class, org/hibernate/validator/resourceloading/PlatformResourceBundleLocator, and the class loader (instance of org/apache/felix/framework/ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader) for resolved class, org/hibernate/validator/util/LoggerFactory, have different Class objects for the type org/slf4j/Logger used in the signature
            at org.hibernate.validator.resourceloading.PlatformResourceBundleLocator.<clinit>(PlatformResourceBundleLocator.java:38)
            at org.hibernate.validator.messageinterpolation.ResourceBundleMessageInterpolator.<init>(ResourceBundleMessageInterpolator.java:100)
            at org.hibernate.validator.messageinterpolation.ResourceBundleMessageInterpolator.<init>(ResourceBundleMessageInterpolator.java:86)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
            at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:126)
            ... 57 more
    It seems, problem is in implementation of the org/hibernate/validator/util/LoggerFactory that cause two different ways for loading sl4j-api, but I can't imagine how to resolve it

If you have any idea about it, please help me

Thanks

UPD1: Logger.class.getClassLoader().getClass() in old revision of application (witout hibernate-validation 4.1) returns org/glassfish/web/loader/WebappClassLoader
    Last edited by andrey.davydov; Apr 6th, 2011, 01:59 AM. Reason: update

Hello

Perhaps you should update slf4j version dependency too?
    to let it work in peace with hibernate-validation 4.1.

Comment

I've tried 1.5.8 and 1.6.1 versions of slf4j. Hibernate core and Hibernate validation depends on different versions of slf4, so I use exclusions for slf in hibernate dependency declaration and add slf4 dependency directly.

But application doesn't start.

I've made one experiment. I rebuild org/hibernate/validator/resourceloading/PlatformResourceBundleLocator without using org/hibernate/validator/util/LoggerFactory, i.e. directly call
      Code:
      org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(PlatformResourceBundleLocator.class);
      This inplementation starts, but underlayed ResourceBundle fails during reflective resource loading.

Comment

I have the same problem. Anyone find a solution? The LinkageError is stopping me.

Comment

My solution was to use last coherent versions of libraries

Comment

Originally posted by andrey.davydov View Post
            My solution was to use last coherent versions of libraries
            Yup! That did it. The original modules of Glassfish 3 contained Hibernate Validator 3. When I updated, I received 4.1.0. Thanks a bunch!!!

PS: Too bad Glassfish exports its own Hibernate Validator into the WAR's classpath. That's an implementation leak. The implementation of JSR-303 should be totally hidden from other class loaders. But... perhaps this is a special situation, because because the BV API allows access to the ConstraintValidator implementations.
            Last edited by paul4christ79; Jul 19th, 2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X