Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQLite - SingleConnectionDataSource - NullpointerException

Hello!

I ran into a problem trying to use SQLite with spring. I use SQLite in-memory database, and - since every connection to "jdbc:sqlite::memory:" creates a new database, I need a single connection in the application, so I use SingleConnectionDataSource.

The problem happens, when I use a SimpleJdbcInsert. When I call executeAndReturnKey, I got a NullpointerException:

Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.metadata.GenericTableMetaDataProvider.locateTableAndProcessMetaData(GenericTableMetaDataProvider.java:304)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.metadata.GenericTableMetaDataProvider.initializeWithTableColumnMetaData(GenericTableMetaDataProvider.java:216)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.metadata.TableMetaDataProviderFactory$1.processMetaData(TableMetaDataProviderFactory.java:94)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.support.JdbcUtils.extractDatabaseMetaData(JdbcUtils.java:290)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.metadata.TableMetaDataProviderFactory.createMetaDataProvider(TableMetaDataProviderFactory.java:63)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.metadata.TableMetaDataContext.processMetaData(TableMetaDataContext.java:205)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.AbstractJdbcInsert.compileInternal(AbstractJdbcInsert.java:280)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.AbstractJdbcInsert.compile(AbstractJdbcInsert.java:265)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.AbstractJdbcInsert.checkCompiled(AbstractJdbcInsert.java:316)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.AbstractJdbcInsert.doExecuteAndReturnKey(AbstractJdbcInsert.java:391)
    	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.SimpleJdbcInsert.executeAndReturnKey(SimpleJdbcInsert.java:126)
    	at InsertBug.main(InsertBug.java:31)
    I made a class to demonstrate the problem:

Code:
    import javax.sql.DataSource;

import org.springframework.jdbc.core.namedparam.MapSqlParameterSource;
    import org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.SimpleJdbcInsert;
    import org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.SingleConnectionDataSource;

public class InsertBug {

/**
    	 * @param args
    	 * @throws ClassNotFoundException 
    	 */
    	public static void main(String[] args) throws ClassNotFoundException {

if (args.length != 1) {
    			System.out.println("database file path needs to be specified");
    			return;
    		}

Class.forName("org.sqlite.JDBC");

DataSource dataSource = new SingleConnectionDataSource("jdbc:sqlite:" + args[0], true);
    		SimpleJdbcInsert insert = new SimpleJdbcInsert(dataSource);

insert.withTableName("Graph").usingGeneratedKeyColumns("GId");

MapSqlParameterSource params = new MapSqlParameterSource();
    		params.addValue("Level", 1);

int id = insert.executeAndReturnKey(params).intValue();

System.out.println("Returned key: " + Integer.toString(id));
    	}

}
    The problem is that in the GenericTableMetaDataProvider class, the username instance variable has a value of null. That's probably because SQLite does not have an authentication mechanism. Therefore the userName.toUpperCase() call will throw a NullpointerException at line 304.

I use Spring 3.0.5. The example code uses a file based database instead the in-memory I mentioned earlier, but I use that only to have a table up and runnning for the test.

same here. tested in 3.0.5 and 3.1.0.

Comment

Working...
    X