Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 1.2.4 and Hibernate 3.1 integration incompatible lib

Hi

I'm currently doing R&D to start a new project. As implementation technologies, I have selected Spring 1.2.4 with Hibernate 3.1 as one of the choices. Having said I tried a small application. I get following error when I integrate Spring with Hibernate. I removed the asm.jar and asmattrs.jar and included cglib-nodep-2.1_2.jar in WEB-INF\lib (According to answer of pervious question in the same forum). Further I tried having asm 1.5.3.jar in server\lib directory. I still get this problem. Following is the satck trace.

Your fast reply is highly appreciated.

<14-Sep-2005 09:45:14 o'clock GMT+04:00> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "SpringContextServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "Sample".
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit(ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringV
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:361)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:223)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:271)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:312)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit(ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringV
    at net.sf.cglib.core.ClassEmitter.begin_class(ClassEm itter.java:99)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.generateCla ss(KeyFactory.java:205)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.generat e(DefaultGeneratorStrategy.java:63)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.create(Ab stractClassGenerator.java:190)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.create(KeyF actory.java:177)
    >
    <14-Sep-2005 09:45:14 o'clock GMT+04:00> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149231> <Unable to set the activation state to true for the application 'Sample'.
    weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.StartModulesFlo w.activate(StartModulesFlow.java:30)
    at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$2.nex t(BaseDeployment.java:635)
    at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.next State(StateMachineDriver.java:26)
    at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.activ ate(BaseDeployment.java:257)
    at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateCheck er.activate(DeploymentStateChecker.java:154)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit(ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringV
    at net.sf.cglib.core.ClassEmitter.begin_class(ClassEm itter.java:99)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.generateCla ss(KeyFactory.java:205)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.generat e(DefaultGeneratorStrategy.java:63)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.create(Ab stractClassGenerator.java:190)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.create(KeyF actory.java:177)
    >

You have an incompatible asm version. I would suggest to first clean your classpath of jars (to get NoClassDef) and then use the libraries that come with Spring 1.2.4-with-dep.

Comment

I am not sure about your requirements, but I saw in a previous post that changing the cglib-nodep-2.1_2.jar to cglib-full-2.0.jar will help. It worked for me and it may be worth a shot!

Steve O

Comment

Working...
      X