X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBCP + IBATIS inserts do not work

Is anyone out there using IBATIS + DBCP (I am using with an oracle 9 database).
    When i use Spring to define my DBCP datasource, inserts do not show up in the database, though it is accessing the database and i can get oracle errors if i violate a primary key on the insert. My workaround has been to not define a datasource in Spring and set it in Ibatis sqlconfig file and then it works fine.
    I am not sure how to track down what could be causing this problem as i have no errors.
    And in spring if I use the DriverManagerDataSource or JNDI the inserts do work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

Off the top of my head, your probably have auto-commit set to false

Comment

Looks like your transactions aren't committing. What transaction management are you using? It could be that it's only working when you have autocommit on...

Comment

Yes, i assumed the issue was the autocommit. I played with autocommit with no success. I am not using any transaction management as this is a very simple insert I am doing in a Junit test. And when i exchange just the DS to either JNDI or the Spring datasource all is fine

Comment

Rod, Are there any settings you would recommend that i can play with in DBCP to try to move past this? I really would like to use Spring and not IBATIS for my DataSource.

Thanks,
          David

Comment

try again with small sample

Rod,

I have made a small example to show my problem:
            Here is the table:
            CREATE TABLE tgr.dummy
            (data VARCHAR2(50))

here is the sqlmap insert:

<insert id="dummy" parameterClass="string">
            insert into tgr.dummy
            (data)
            values
            (#value#)
            </insert>

and here is the code:

public void insertDummyRequest(String s) {

try {
            getSqlMapClient().insert("dummy", s);
            }
            catch (SQLException ex) {
            logger.error("Failed to store request "
            + " Error: " + ex.getMessage());
            }

}

Here is my settings in the applicationContext.xml:

<bean id="sqlMap" class="org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClient FactoryBean">
            <property name="configLocation">
            <value>config/sqlconfig.xml</value>
            </property>
            <property name="dataSource">
            <ref local="dbcpDataSource" />
            </property>

</bean>

and the configuration of the datasource is:

<bean id="dbcpDataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
            <property name="driverClassName"><value>oracle.jdbc.driver.O racleDriver</value></property>
            <property name="url"><value>string</value></property>
            <property name="username"><value>string</value></property>
            <property name="password"><value>string</value></property>

</bean>

if i comment out the line that sets the property of the datasource in the sqlmap and thus it uses the datasource in teh sqlconfig, it works. Alternatively, if i use the DriverManagerDataSource, it works. So, i seems to be some configuration issue of the combination of spring and ibatis and dbcp. I have not seen any clues to this by running in a debugger. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
            David

Comment

I think I understand the problem. When i use a datasource from Spring, Spring sets as the transaction manager the external transaction manager, which now requires me to set a transaction manager explicitly in my applicationContext. However, now i am just wondering what i need to do in code, to use the transaction manager.
              Do i need to explicityly use a transaciton manager? All i am trying to do are simple inserts.

Thanks,
              David

Comment

Working...
              X