Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUnit tests - Support multiple databases

Hello spring forum,

I read that AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests is designed to support a single database. Does anybody have an idea how to make AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests to support multiple databases?

One idea could be to extend AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests and add several transaction managers, would this be a good idea or what do you think about it? Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

I guess you could use something like JOTM(http://jotm.objectweb.org/).

Comment

when you use AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests, Spring autowire the bean by type. So you cannot specify multiple bean say for e.g datasource of the same type. I have the same requirement to go to different oracle database schemas for fetching data and do the assertions. This is how I used multiple datasources along with AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests.

I have used seperate spring context for different datasources and then I used the following line of code to load a seperate datasource in appripriate junit tests.

ApplicationContext context = new ClasspathXmlApplicationContext(new String[] {"context_file.xml"})

Write an API say getAbcDataSource()

private DataSource abcDataSource;
      public Datasource getAbdDataSource(){
      abcDataSource = (DataSource)context.getBean("abcDataSource");
      }

Comment

Same need here

Hi,

did someone solve this one? Is there any way to turn autowiring off?

I would prefer not to have autowire and therefore have the rollback feature.

I badly need to be able to run tests over configs with *multiple* datasources configured. There is no way to split them as it would wrap my assembly inside out.

brgds,

Papick G. Taboada

Comment

You can turn autowire off: see setAutowire method from AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests.

Comment

I have multiple datasources / transaction managers in my app.
            Here is what I did to get around the org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDepen dencyException:

public class AbcTest extends AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests{
            public AbcTest(){
            super();
            setAutowireMode(this.AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME);
            }
            }

By using the AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME mode, AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests is looking to inject the bean with the name "transactionManager", instead of looking for a bean of type PlatformTransactionManager. It will find multiple beans by type, but only one bean by name, thus the exception is prevented.

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Working...
            X