X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instantiation failed for LocalSessionFactoryBean

I am getting the following error when starting my application which I hoped would use Spring and Hibernate.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in resource [/WEB-INF/daoContext.xml] of ServletContext: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/TransactionManager java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    javax/transaction/TransactionManager at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.ja va:1627) at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods

Config stanza in daoContext.xml is:
    <bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSess ionFactoryBean">

<property name="dataSource">
    <ref bean="dataSource"/>
    </property>

<property name="hibernateProperties">
    <props>
    <prop key="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.Orac le9Dialect</prop>
    </props>
    </property>

<property name="mappingResources">
    <list>
    <value>DebarredParty.hbm.xml</value>
    </list>
    </property>

</bean>

I'm using Spring 1.2.3 and Hibernate2.jar that came with the Spring distribution. I'm using j2sdk1.4.

I noticed that Java 1.4 has no class called javax/transaction/TransactionManager. Is the error being caused by a Java-Spring version mis-match?
    If so, what would be the appropriate versions.
    If not, any thoughts on what might be happening would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    beeky

You need to include the jta.jar. It's in the Spring download in the lib/j2ee directory.

Comment

Working...
    X