Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Rolling back transactions when testing with embedded container Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling back transactions when testing with embedded container

Hey folks,

My situation is this. The project I am building runs using an embedded Jetty container. I load Jetty and Spring and everything via a 'main' method that does some bootstrap stuff to configure everything properly. Once the main method kicks things off it works pretty much like a typical Spring app.

So my problem comes when I want to create an end to end Integration test. So for this test I fire off the 'main' and let it start the container then I throw some requests at it with HttpClient. What I want is to be able to roll back transactions that happen during this test run. I am using Spring to manage my Hibernate transactions via @Transactional.

I understand that Spring provides this kind of functionality when using the testing framework but the problem there is that I don't want my test to be 'ContextAware'. I want it to let my 'main' method do the loading of contexts and everything but still get some hold on the transaction manager to tell it to roll things back.

I hope that makes some sense.

Is this possible or do I just need to either clean up after myself or get used to test data?

Thanks!
    Chris
Working...
X