Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 1.2.1 Hibernate 3.0.2, WebSphere 5.0.0. CNFE.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFac toryBean
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findCla ss(CompoundClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadCla ss(CompoundClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(C ompiled Code))
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ReloadableClassLoader.loadC lass(ReloadableClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))
    at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassU tils.java:87) ...

Using Oracle 9.x.

Dave

BTW. Should have said that the war was lifted from a working tomcat (5.0.30) deployment using java-1.4.2_08. Although the rdbms was MySql.

Dave.

Comment

If your war does not contain Spring libraries you probably need to put them in your server classpath.

Comment

The war contains all external jars. I think that the exception that I'm getting is not the actual cause but a previous problem that has not been caught. I've had a few gotcha to sort out, taglibs, jsps etc and they all presented the same exception. Just as well I've got some mind reading skills.
        I've got to the stage where the app runs ok. The problem I have is that the app exposes a web service. I use axis with a spring proxy for the web service. All web service calls result in the CNFE excpetion, reported via an Axis Fault to the client.
        Again this app and its web service all work well under TC-4.1.31 and IBM Java-1.3.1 (same as websphere)

Comment

Did you try with PARENT_LAST?

Comment

It wasn't a classloader issue at all. It was because I used a Spring Context Listener instead of a servlet. Go figure! It now mostly works, just a very strange JSP error complaining of a getter not available for a form attribute. Works fine in TC.

Comment

Working...
            X