X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate and

Is it possible to define a <many-to-one> mapping in a <hibernate-mapping> if you don't have any foreign key constraints defined? I currently do not and I can't find an example of a <many-to-one> with no foreign key constraints? Anyone have an example they can point me to?

--Joe

You do need a foreign key, but you don't need foreign key constraints. Not all databases have foreign key constraints. Not sure if this answers what you're driving at, though...

Comment

Whackity,

I'm not sure what your database looks like, but I don't have any FK contraints defined (for portability reasons) and have <many-to-one> relationships mapped and working just fine.

The Hibernate documentation here: http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3...tion-manytoone
      should be able to help you out.

Also, if you wish to post the <hibernate-mapping> file (or relevant portions)...

Steve

Comment

Oh ok. I get it. My db supports foreign keys, but not constraints. I was getting those two concepts mixed up. Thanks! So all I need are the "REFERENCES table(id)" in my CREATE TABLE statements.

Yes, it is working. Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
        X