Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set up Hibernate CacheRegionFactory in Spring 3.0?

I see that the cacheProvider property of the SessionFactoryBean is deprecated in 3.0. They suggest replacing it with cacheRegionFactory instead, but I'm having some problems...

first: There doesn't appear to be any RegionFactory implementation for ehCache. Can anyone point me at one?

In the meantime, I'm trying to use org.hibernate.cache.impl.bridge.RegionFactoryCache ProviderBridge, like so:
    Code:
    	<bean id="sessionFactory"
    		class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.annotation.AnnotationSessionFactoryBean">
    		<property name="cacheRegionFactory">
    			<bean id="cacheRegionFactory"
    				class="org.hibernate.cache.impl.bridge.RegionFactoryCacheProviderBridge">
    				<constructor-arg>
    					<props>
    						<prop key="hibernate.cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider</prop>
    					</props>
    				</constructor-arg>
    			</bean>
    		</property>
    	</bean>
    But this gives the following Exception at runtime:

Code:
    org.hibernate.HibernateException: could not instantiate RegionFactory [org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalRegionFactoryProxy]
    	at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createRegionFactory(SettingsFactory.java:389)
    	at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:262)
    	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:2119)
    	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2115)
    	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1339)
    	at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:867)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:855)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:774)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFactoryBean.java:211)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1460)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1398)
    	... 28 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalRegionFactoryProxy.<init>(java.util.Properties)
    	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2706)
    	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1657)
    	at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createRegionFactory(SettingsFactory.java:384)
    	... 38 more
    I'm using Spring 3.0.0 RELEASE, and Hibernate 3.3.2 GA.

Has anyone managed to get this working? Or should I just stick with my deprecated cacheProvider implementation?

anyone? Anything?

Comment

think you need to configure the cache as well...
      <prop key="hibernate.cache.use_query_cache">true/false</prop>
      <prop key="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache">true/false</prop>

Comment

Working...
      X