Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @repository vs @resource

what is the difference?

@Repository is a annotation used to stereotype classes, @Resource is used on fields/methods to inject dependencies.

How about RTFM @Repository, @Resource
    Last edited by Marten Deinum; Dec 18th, 2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your contribution to the forums. I've flagged your post..

It's ironic that this search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%40re...ient=firefox-a

Returns this as the first result:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...resources.html

And this search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%40re...ient=firefox-a

Returns this as the second result:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...epository.html

And this closely following:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...nce/beans.html

And by searching this last link for @Repository you'd clearly find your answer in section 3.12.1

Help is welcomed for those that are willing to help themselves. The rest, not so much, at least as far as I am concerned.

And, for the record, Marten is one of the most patient and helpful posters on this forum...far beyond what I could or would hope to match.

Comment

I'm just fed up with people that think its okay to just say RTFM and assume that you haven't tried looking through it and maybe couldn't find it.

using google is always an option but it doesn't always bring up the latest version of the manual

there has never been good enough documentation for this project and getting responses like this from Martin just highlights their unwillingness to ever improve it.

i obviously like using spring otherwise i wouldn't BE HERE but I can't say I am encouraged to keep trying to use this site or get help from here because i'm just going to be dealing with usually getting no response or the kind of half witted remark martin provided

Comment

Also what motivation would I ever have to pay for support from a company that treats its users like this?

"Hey here's $500, now tell me to RTFM but this time call me lazy and/or stupid. Oh what's that? There's a special two for one discount where you tell me to RTFM and tell me I'm lazy and/or stupid AND to 'google it' for only $500? Wow that's the deal of the fucking century!"

Comment

Originally posted by ew0kian View Post
            I'm just fed up with people that think its okay to just say RTFM and assume that you haven't tried looking through it and maybe couldn't find it.

using google is always an option but it doesn't always bring up the latest version of the manual

there has never been good enough documentation for this project and getting responses like this from Martin just highlights their unwillingness to ever improve it.

i obviously like using spring otherwise i wouldn't BE HERE but I can't say I am encouraged to keep trying to use this site or get help from here because i'm just going to be dealing with usually getting no response or the kind of half witted remark martin provided
            AFAIK, Marten doesn't WORK for springsource...and neither do I.

And WRT old documentation, that's easy...just replace the version you want to use in the url and 99% of the time it pulls up the right page.

Comment

Also what motivation would I ever have to pay for support from a company that treats its users like this?

"Hey here's $500, now tell me to RTFM but this time call me lazy and/or stupid. Oh what's that? There's a special two for one discount where you tell me to RTFM and tell me I'm lazy and/or stupid AND to 'google it' for only $500? Wow that's the deal of the fucking century!"
              Marten is a certified TRAINER for springsource...which means that he gets paid for training. You want to pay for training? I'm sure he'd help out. His help here on the forums, like mine, is provided FREE OF CHARGE. It's often worth what you pay for it.

Comment

Right exactly he is probably paid by spring to do training. Why would I want to pay for training from a company with people like this?

Comment

Right exactly he is probably paid by spring to do training. Why would I want to pay for training from a company with people like this?
                  Is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) paid by Microsoft? No.

Being a Spring Certified Trainer only means that HE paid money TO SPRING to pass a training certification exam to show he's qualified to provide Spring training.

I don't know why I'm even trying defend him. He can do that himself....I just find your sense of entitlement to free help and your criticality of people who are providing that help on their own dime annoying.

Comment

He used to work for Spring so I assumed he still did. He thinks he can tell people to RTFM because he has 7,000+ posts and thinks he is some kind of Spring badass. And whats worse is you are wasting your time defending him. Both of you need to get a life.

Comment

First off all I have quite a nice life, you on the other hand like to bash people, so maybe you should reflect on your own life.

For the record I worked for SpringSource but due to budget cuts I had to leave (Last In, First Out) as did a lot of other (ex) colleges of mine. Regarding me being a springsource trainer, I seem to know quite a lot about Spring and some of its portfolio projects and that I like to share. That is why I'm active here on the forums and that I teach courses.

Regarding the RTFM, about 80% of the post here on the forum are
                      a) Answered about 200 times already
                      b) Are users who don't even bother to google or read the manual

Next to that I pointed you to the parts inthe manual which explain both the annotations which should give you the solution.

I don't think I can tell people to Read the Frigging Manual because my 7000+ posts I think I can tell them because I think it is quite good especially in comparison to other open source projects (point people to the reference guide since about post 1). You apparently don't think it is well written then open a JIRA issue and tell them what is wrong with it and suggest improvements (instead of bashing me and/or the manual here).

Comment

Forum conduct

Hi ew0kian,

Thanks for your question regarding @repository vs @resource. I hope that the links that were provided by Marten Deinum and chudak answered that question for you and resolved any confusion that you had between the two annotations. Unfortunately, your second entry in this thread was deleted for abusive language. I wish also that I could delete all appearances of the phrase RTFM as well since I don't want this forum to devolve into the kind of conversations that I have seen in some other communities. However, in this situation since Marten's response actually answered your question very directly, I did not delete his post. However, I do request all community users to not use such types of acronyms in this forum in the future.

For the record, neither Martin nor chudak work for SpringSource. I do. They provide answers to many user questions in the forums without compensation from SpringSource and the user community benefits as a result. However, I see also that you are an active community participant and if someone with your Spring experience is having difficulty finding the answer to a straightforward question then I think we have a deficiency in how our documentation is presented. Feel free to make a recommendation about how to improve it in JIRA or send me a private message via the forum. We are currently conducting a review of some of our web properties and any feedback is welcome. Most comments about how the various Spring web sites work reside in the Meta forum group.

For the time being I will consider this line of discussion closed.

Adam FitzGerald
                        SpringSource

Comment

Working...
                        X