Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibatis error trying to delete a row

Hi,
    I am using spring to write a web application. I used JPetstore as a reference. Many thanks for the Spring team.

I am using IBATIS sql maps. I tried to add a additonal method to DAO to delete an account (All the inserts, updates, and selects works fine in this application).

-----------------------------------------------------
    This is what I add to the Account.xml file

<mapped-statement name="deleteAccount">
    delete from ACCOUNT where userid=#value#
    </mapped-statement>

<mapped-statement name="deleteSignOn">
    delete from SIGNON where username=#value#
    </mapped-statement>

------------------------------------------------------

This is the additional methods in AccountDAO

public void deleteAccount(String username) throws DataAccessException {
    getSqlMapTemplate().executeUpdate("deleteSignOn", username);
    getSqlMapTemplate().executeUpdate("deleteAccount", username);

---------------------------------------------------------

I get the following error. Does any one have any idea.

Thanks

Sri...

Error executing 'deleteSignOn' in 'com/pbs/portal/web/dao/ibatis/maps/Account.xml'. Check the SQL statement. Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Connection is read-only. Queries leading to data modification are not allowed

java.sql.SQLException: Connection is read-only. Queries leading to data modification are not allowed
    at org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapTemplate.exec uteUpdate(SqlMapTemplate.java:221)
    at com.pbs.portal.web.dao.ibatis.SqlMapAccountDao.del eteAccount(SqlMapAccountDao.java:59)
    at com.pbs.portal.web.domain.logic.PortalImpl.deleteA ccount(PortalImpl.java:114)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.AopProxyUtils.in vokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopProxyUtils.java:71 )
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocat ion.java:149)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :138)
    at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.Transa ctionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.jav a:213)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :138)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopPro xy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:168)
    at $Proxy0.deleteAccount(Unknown Source)
    at com.pbs.portal.test.database.DatabaseTests.testIns ertInvestorAccount(DatabaseTests.java:60)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:164 )
    at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:132 )
    at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.ja va:107)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult .java:135)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:112 )
    at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:119)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:2 09)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:205)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRu nner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:399)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRu nner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRu nner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:170)
    at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:119)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:2 09)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:205)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRu nner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:170)
    [ WARN] 15:54 (SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:translate :161)
    Unable to translate SQLException with errorCode '0', will now try the fallback translator

Seems that your delete operation is executed in a read-only transaction... Do you use the "readOnly" flag in your transaction attributes? Check that the transaction attribute for your delete operation does not specify "readOnly"!

Juergen

Comment

The solution.

Thanks Juergen,

This is what I have to do to fix the problem (If in case someone encounters the same problem.)
      Add this line

<prop
      key="delete*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED
      </prop>

into your application.xml file for the bean

org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.Transa ctionProxyFactoryBean

Comment

Working...
      X