X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hibernate criteria for a time range seach on a Date field

I have an object with a Date attribute (corresponding to a column in a table in a postgres db of type timestamp). I want to write a hibernate criteria that returns all matches within a time range independent of the date. For example, give me all matches that have a time between 2 and 4pm on any date.

Any suggestions on building the correct hibernate criteria?

How does the question relate to spring data access (current forum name)?

Comment

Originally posted by WarwickBaker View Post
      I have an object with a Date attribute (corresponding to a column in a table in a postgres db of type timestamp). I want to write a hibernate criteria that returns all matches within a time range independent of the date. For example, give me all matches that have a time between 2 and 4pm on any date.

Any suggestions on building the correct hibernate criteria?
      Hi Warwick,

I did not know postgres, but when I have similar problems ( queries that I do not know how to create the criteria ) I wrote then in sql, test it in some db client and then try to transform the query in some criterias. If not able to do it ( transform for criteria, maybe some especific db function ) then I create a named query to solve it.

But I also thing that this is not a Hibernate forum. Sorry if Im causing trouble answering this.

Regards

Leo

Comment

Leo,

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I know this is not the hibernate forum but have always found the spring forums full of people willing to help.

Dennis, yes current forum name landed me here, and yes I am doing this within the context of a spring based dao framework, and if you don't think it appropriate I posted here thats fine, I'll take my pill and move on.

Comment

Working...
        X