X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefaultLobHandler question

I have a dao that will be accessing oracle in one environment and sql server in another. My problem is that I need to handle CLOB from oracle and Text from sql server. The spring book briefly mentions that DefaultLobHandler works with both of those databases. Can someone shed some light on how I might be able to use this for my problem? Thanks a lot.

Does LocalSessionFactoryBean use DefaultLobHandler by default? I was able to map a clob to a String in my java class without specifying a lobhandler. Everything ran fine, and I was able to print out the string.

Comment

Originally posted by graeder
      Does LocalSessionFactoryBean use DefaultLobHandler by default? I was able to map a clob to a String in my java class without specifying a lobhandler. Everything ran fine, and I was able to print out the string.
      Try reading large amount of data (> 12k; can't remember the limit). The default LobHandler won't work for Oracle. You will need OracleLobHandler. Don't know about sql server.

Dino

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice, but I'm still wondering if LocalSessionFactoryBean uses DefaultLobHandler by default, since the string/clob mapping is working without me adding anything to the config.

Comment

Working...
        X