X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with JNDI dataSource loading

I'm getting an Error while trying to configure a JNDI dataSource for my Web Application. The dataSource will be used by iBATIS. I'm trying to deploy in Weblogic 9.2.

The JNDI is correctly configured and from a simple JSP I can access to the property with
    Code:
    Context ctx = new InitialContext();
    Object bean = ctx.lookup("oracle/datasource");
    There is a problem when I try to create a bean with the dataSource with a JndiObjectFactoryBean:

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException;
    nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are: 
    PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException:
    Failed to convert property value of type [weblogic.jndi.internal.WLEventContextImpl] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource] for property 'dataSource';
    nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    Cannot convert value of type [weblogic.jndi.internal.WLEventContextImpl] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource] for property 'dataSource': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
    My bean definition code:

Code:
    <bean id="dataSource-metadata" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
       <property name="jndiName">
          <value>oracle/datasource</value>
       </property>
    </bean>

<bean id="sqlMapClient-metadata" class="org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientFactoryBean">
       <property name="dataSource">
          <ref bean="dataSource-metadata"/>
       </property>
       <property name="configLocation">
          <value>classpath:/ibatis/sqlmap-config-metadata.xml</value>
       </property>
    </bean>
    Any idea what can be wrong? Thanks

Try to change your bean dataSource-metadata defintion as:

Code:
    <bean id="dataSource-metadata" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
       <property name="jndiName" value="oracle/datasource" />
    </bean>

Comment

Both configuration should issue the same result as the are resulting in the same bean.

You can retrieve an object, you also get an object however it is not a datasource so either there is something wrong or you are using a different location. 'oracle/datasource' is translated to 'java:comp/env/oracle/datasource' you might try the full name with and without the env (it sometimes differs per app server what the root path is).

Comment

Thanks for the fast answers.

It seems that its actually finding the object (without the java:comp/env prefix), but there is some kind of trouble while accesing it.

After introducing some changes my application now deploys on WebLogic. The new bean declaration is:

Code:
           <property name="jndiName">
              <value>oracle/datasource</value>
           </property>
           <property name="lookupOnStartup" value="true"></property>
           <property name="cache" value="true"></property>
           <property name="proxyInterface" value="javax.sql.DataSource"></property>
        </bean>
        But still fails while accessing the dataSource:

Code:
        org.springframework.aop.AopInvocationException: 
        AOP configuration seems to be invalid: tried calling method [public abstract java.sql.Connection javax.sql.DataSource.getConnection() 
        throws java.sql.SQLException] on target [EventContext (aemsc.oracle.datasource)]; 
        nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: EventContext (aemsc.oracle.datasource)
        	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:289)
        	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:199)
        	at $Proxy169.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.doGetConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:112)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:77)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:516)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:583)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:608)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:640)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:111)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:198)
        	at org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:206)
        I'm not sure if it might be related with the TransactionManager, I've tried with and without JTA with no luck:

Code:
        <bean id="transactionManager-metadata" 
           class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.WebLogicJtaTransactionManager">
        </bean>
        Code:
        <bean id="transactionManager-metadata" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager">
           <property name="dataSource">
              <ref bean="dataSource-metadata"/>
           </property>
        </bean>
        Any suggestions?

Comment

Sigh... I suggest you check the stacktrace... It is finding SOMETHING but it is not finding a javax.sql.Datasource but another object.

Comment

Solution found

I finally discovered what I was doing wrong. The bean definition should be a bit different:

Code:
            <bean id="dataSource-metadata" class="org.springframework.remoting.rmi.JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean">
               <property name="jndiName" value="oracle/datasource"/>
                  <property name="jndiEnvironment">
                     <props>
                        <prop key="java.naming.factory.url.pkgs">weblogic.jndi.factories</prop>
                     </props>
                  </property>
               <property name="serviceInterface" value="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
            </bean>
            There is an example on this URL: http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub...tegration.html

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X