Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toplink support

Hi guys,

I've implemented a basic Toplink support modeled (shamelessly stolen) after the Hibernate support.
    I've also added a petclinic example that uses Toplink.

Is anyone interested in this? Should I upload the project?

Slavik.

Slavik,

I think you missed the TopLink thread, but this sounds fantastic. There's a lot of interest in Spring/TopLink.

One of the TopLink team was planning to start work on the integration next week--it would probably be best if you send the code to me offline and I pass it on to him.

How did you address the cloning issue? The TopLink guy is planning on doing some smarts with CGLIB or BCEL to hide that.

I assume you intended to donate the code to Spring?

Thanks
    Rod

Comment

Oops, sorry about missing the thread.
      I didn't do anything really smart with the cloning problem. Basically, I've provided a readonly flag to the template methods that reads the original objects without cloning but if someone than changes the object, it will corrupt the cache.

Where would you like me to send the code?

Slavik.

Comment

Another thing, It's around 4M including the toplink jars...

Comment

Hi Rod,

I've created a new issue SPR-308 on JIRA and uploaded the code as an attachement.
          I hope the Spring team will find some use for it.

Slavik.

Comment

Slavik

Thanks. I'll draw my Oracle contact's attention to it.

R

Comment

Hey I would definitely be interested in Toplink support in Spring. Is there any update on this? Is Slavik's code it or is Oracle still flirting with the idea.
              We had Toplink here about a year ago, sheesh I can't remember the guys name he also spoke at the serverside conference in Boston. I can dig up his email and drop him a line if this has fallen off the edge of the horizon...

Comment

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...ing/index.html

Comment

Yeah I just saw that on the spring website. I guess I should check in here more often. Cool. Downloading now.

Comment

Working...
                  X