Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoClassDefFoundError: DriverManagerDataSource

Hello,

I am having a invocation problem with a web service client. The service (AXIS-JWS style) is properly called. It invokes a helper class with data access code. When it hits the line that is to instantiate DriverManagerDataSource I get

NoClassDefFoundError: DriverManagerDataSource

I can run the helper class by itself (java HelperClass) and it retrieves and reports the data properly. This indicates that the System.CLASSPATH is properly set. I created a System.AXISCLASSPATH variable and I set it to the same values as System.CLASSPATH.

I am still getting the same NoClassDefFoundError error message

Is AXISCLASSPATH for real? Is there a Tomcat environment variable that I have missed? I dont understand why it cant locate the class.

gratzi

other things

Error while compiling: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\ShowSpecials.java
    at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFau lt(SOAPFaultBuilder
    .java:222)

I receive this on the client side when I try to run it. I added the same import statements to ShowSpecials.jws that are in my HelperClass.java file

Comment

those compile errors

I ran the client again and this time is informed that it could not find any of the jars related to my import statements.

Again, I have a working CLASSPATH that I used to populate my AXISCLASSPATH env var

How do you do imports within a JWS file?

merci

Comment

solution !

I copied the necessary jar files to $CATALINA_HOME/lib
        and everything worked. When you restart Tomcat it loads all jar files in the
        $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory into memory. At this point, requesting the service compiles your JWS file properly, with the respective important import statements included at the top of the JWS file.

This seems to imply that AXISCLASSPATH is useless.

Comment

Working...
        X