Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the getHibernateTemplate() to extract data?

Greetings,

i need some advice on how to retrieve data from the database using the getHibernateTemplate.

Currently i have this statment to execute to extract out the data:
    select * from table limit 10, 20;
    After google for some time, i manage to find the solution to this problem by using findByCriteria and DetachedCritera:

Code:
    int start = 10
    int end = 20
    List obj = getHibernateTemplate().findByCriteria(DetachedCriteria.forClass(BlogDaoBean.class), start, end);
    I realise i need to filter the data by the column flag too where i need to modify my statement to:
    select * from table where flag = 0 limit 10, 20;

How do i implement that statement logic into hibernate? Do i use findByCritera again or if thats another way to do it?

Thanks for the help..

hi, just some updates, i try to add in some changes but hit this error. Is it because the addExpression is not use in this way? :

Code:
    int start = 10
    int end = 20
    DetachedCriteria critera = DetachedCriteria.forClass(BlogDaoBean.class);
    		List obj = getHibernateTemplate().findByCriteria(critera.add(Expression.eq("flag", 0)), counter, credits);
    Error encounter:

Code:
    15:01:00,508 ERROR [[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
    org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateQueryException: could not resolve property: flag of: com.dao.model.resultBean; nested exception is org.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve property: flag of: com.dao.model.resultBean
    org.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve property: flag of: com.dao.model.resultBean
    	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractPropertyMapping.throwPropertyException(AbstractPropertyMapping.java:43)
    	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractPropertyMapping.toType(AbstractPropertyMapping.java:37)
    	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.getSubclassPropertyTableNumber(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1282)
    	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.BasicEntityPropertyMapping.toColumns(BasicEntityPropertyMapping.java:31)
    	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.toColumns(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1257)
    	at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaQueryTranslator.getColumns(CriteriaQueryTranslator.java:433)
    	at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaQueryTranslator.getColumnsUsingProjection(CriteriaQueryTranslator.java:393)
    	at org.hibernate.criterion.SimpleExpression.toSqlString(SimpleExpression.java:45)
    	at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaQueryTranslator.getWhereCondition(CriteriaQueryTranslator.java:333)
    	at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaJoinWalker.<init>(CriteriaJoinWalker.java:82)
    	at org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaLoader.<init>(CriteriaLoader.java:67)
    	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1533)
    	at org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.list(CriteriaImpl.java:283)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$37.doInHibernate(HibernateTemplate.java:988)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:366)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.findByCriteria(HibernateTemplate.java:978)
    Last edited by vitalstrike82; Apr 28th, 2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I suggest you buy a book on hibernate and how to use it ( or at least start reading the hibernate reference guide).

You can only add expressions that way for properties on the mapped object (flag is obviously not a mapped property). So it is either not mapped or the property is named differently on your object.

If it isnt mapped use a sql statement to limit the results (sqlRestrictions instead of add), if it is mapped fix it to have the proper property name.

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

ok i get it.. manage to solve the problem thanks

Comment

Working...
          X