Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of Projects Spring is best suited for

hey guys,
    i know this might not be the right place to put up this question, but i am asking this question here as i couldn't find any place.

i am doing a research as part of my assignment in university, with all the research i personally think spring is indeed a good choice for j2ee apps.

but still i did not get any answer for this question clearly,

Q:
    For what sort of projects or applications spring is best suited.
    and
    For for projects it is NOT suited for OR could be a bad choice.

all what i get as an answer is - "its worth using for all your projects"!!! but can anyone give a detailed answer for this...

please reply

regards
    smith

There's no easy way to answer that question. Or perhaps there are several good answers.

A perfectly reasonable answer is that Spring is best for projects where your project team has expertise in Spring. There are very few types of projects where using Spring would be detrimental if you already know how to use it, after all, and if you're on a time crunch you may want to keep your developers in their comfort zone.

When would you never use Spring? Any time you can't afford the overhead that comes with Spring. It's probably not used a lot in embedded systems, for example. It might be overkill for an "application" that consists of a single web form with no processing.

The bottom line is that Spring can provide value any time you need dependency injection (and that's where the "all your projects" answer comes from, since many of us believe that dependency injection is always valuable), or MVC, or AOP, or any of the other areas that Spring adds value to. Does the value outweigh the possible negatives? (e.g. a learning curve if you're new to Spring; an additional library or libraries to add to your project; an additional idiom or way of thinking that may not match what you've already created or what you're used to; etc.) Usually, yeah, it does.

Comment

Thank you

Thanks a lot for your reply sir, i am now pretty clear about where is should be used..

a nice detailed answer was that

thnx once again.

Comment

Working...
      X