X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling ms sql stored procedure with parameters

Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring this out... any help would really be appreciated..

I have a stored procedure that returns a record by passing the ID as input. All I want to do is to call it and get the record back.. but i got the following exception when i try to execute this code:

Code:
      private static final String SQL_SELECT_TESTJOB = "spgettestjobbyid";
      public SelectTestJob (DataSource ds){
          setDataSource (ds);
          setFunction(false);
          setSql(SQL_SELECT_TESTJOB);
          declareParameter(new SqlReturnResultSet("rs", new TestJobRowMapper()));
          declareParameter(new SqlParameter("in_jobId", Types.INTEGER));
          compile();
        }
        public TestJob retreive (int jobId){
          Map params = new HashMap();
          params.put("in_jobId", new Integer(jobId));
          Map results = execute(params);
          System.out.println("test2"+results.toString());
          return (TestJob) ((LinkedList)results.get("rs")).getFirst();

}
      }
    Code:
    org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageException: SQL 'spgettestobjectsbyjobid' requires 0 bind variables, but 1 variables were declared for this object
    	org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlOperation.compileInternal(SqlOperation.java:54)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.object.RdbmsOperation.compile(RdbmsOperation.java:303)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.object.RdbmsOperation.validateParameters(RdbmsOperation.java:341)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:112)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:148)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:156)
    	com.symantec.response.arts.dao.jdbc.JdbcTestDao.getTestObjListByTestJobId(JdbcTestDao.java:243)
    	com.symantec.response.arts.domain.logic.ArtsFacade.getTestObjsListByTestJob(ArtsFacade.java:46)
    	com.symantec.response.arts.web.TestJobController.handleView(TestJobController.java:42)
    	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.invokeNamedMethod(MultiActionController.java:351)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.handleRequestInternal(MultiActionController.java:305)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:128)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:44)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:684)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:625)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.serviceWrapper(FrameworkServlet.java:386)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:346)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

I tried changing the sql from "spgettestjobbyid" to "spgettestjobbyid ?" to fix the bind variable exception... but I got the following exception instead:

Code:
    org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Bad SQL grammar [{call spgettestjobbyid ?(?)}] in task 'executing CallableStatementCallback [CallableStatementCreatorFactory.CallableStatementCreatorImpl: sql=[{call spgettestjobbyid ?(?)}]: params=[{in_jobId=2001}]]'; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Invalid parameter binding(s).
    	org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:90)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:257)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:795)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.call(JdbcTemplate.java:812)
    	org.springframework.jdbc.object.StoredProcedure.execute(StoredProcedure.java:100)
    	com.symantec.response.arts.dao.jdbc.JdbcTestDao$SelectTestJob.retreive(JdbcTestDao.java:90)
    	com.symantec.response.arts.dao.jdbc.JdbcTestDao.getTestJob(JdbcTestDao.java:209)
    	com.symantec.response.arts.domain.logic.ArtsFacade.getTestJob(ArtsFacade.java:42)
    	com.symantec.response.arts.web.TestJobController.handleView(TestJobController.java:41)
    	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.invokeNamedMethod(MultiActionController.java:351)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.handleRequestInternal(MultiActionController.java:305)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:128)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:44)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:684)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:625)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.serviceWrapper(FrameworkServlet.java:386)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:346)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

What am I doing wrong? Please help! :shock:

Could you post more of your code. The two stacktraces don't match up - one is for a SqlQuery called from a "getTestObjListByTestJobId" method and the other one is for a StoredProcedure called from "getTestJob". In general for a query you must supply the parameter placeholders but for a stored procedure Spring will build the call string so you don't supply the parameter placeholders.

Comment

just realize that the exception was thrown from another function, not from "spgettestjobbyid" stored procedure.. i was looking at it for way too long that they all looked to same to me.. :oops:
      problem is fixed now.. thanks

Comment

Working...
      X