Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JdoTransactionManager class not found

hi
    I'm trying to make the jpoxClinic sample work on my machine, under eclipse+jpoxPlugin+SpringPlugin+TomcatSysdeoPlugin .
    I got error on the first jsp page browser rendering. sorry not to have find out the clue on the other posts. here is the error :
    Internal error
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Error registering bean with name 'transactionManager' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Class that bean class [org.springframework.orm.jdo.JdoTransactionManager] depends on not found; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jdo/JDOException java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jdo/JDOException at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219) at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassU tils.java:86) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionReaderUtils.createBeanDefinition(BeanDefinit ionReaderUtils.java:61) at...etc

here is the part of the appContext jpoxClinic code :
    <!-- JPOX Dialect overriding default Spring handling -->
    <bean id="jpoxDialect" class="org.jpox.springframework.JPOXJdoDialect">
    </bean>

<!-- Transaction manager for a single JPOX PMF -->
    <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.jdo.JdoTransactionM anager">
    <property name="persistenceManagerFactory"><ref local="pmf"/></property>
    <property name="jdoDialect"><ref local="jpoxDialect"/></property>
    </bean>

I don't know if it is an problem in tomcat plugin configuration or a jar missing somewhere...
    thanks
    Daniel

The error says that javax/jdo/JDOException is missing. That pretty much means you are missing a jar file. Is jdo.jar and jpox.jar in your classpath?

Comment

You are missing the jdo.jar.

ReEdit: I haven't see the previous answer while posting .

Comment

Working...
      X