Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JtaTransactionManager documentation for Resin

Hi,
    I have noticed something wrong in the javadocs commnets for JtaTransactionManager.
    I was trying to do a PROPAGATION_REQUIRES_NEW transaction with a JTA transaction manager on Resin 3.0.13. As the documentation says, the location for the transaction manager should be: "java:comp/UserTransaction". But for Resin 3. 0.13 actually it seems to be: "java:/TransactionManager".
    I did not checked with an older version of Resin, maybe it has changed in the meanwhile.

Can you post a documentation bug report for this please?

Rob

Comment

I have reported the bug:
      http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SPR-997

Comment

Repeating my JIRA comment here:

Thanks for spotting this, I've fixed the docs accordingly. "java:comp/UserTransaction" was the appropriate location on Resin 2.x; this is obviously different for Resin 3.x.

BTW, since Spring 1.2, you don't need to specify JtaTransactionManager's "transactionManagerName" property anymore in many cases: both "java:comp/UserTransaction" and "java:/TransactionManager" are automatically checked by default. Hence, the JTA TransactionManager should be autodetected on most popular servers, including Resin 2.x and 3.x.

Juergen

Comment

Working...
        X