X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed sessionFactory creation for JUnit Test

I'm trying to create a basic Unit test (JUnit) for my DAO which uses hibernate. All this is configured mostly using annotations. My IDE is NetBeans.

I've been banging my head on this problem for the last couple days so any assistance would be great!
    Thanks

Here the error trace:

Testcase: testFindContacts(com.mycontacts.data.dao.MyContact HibernateDaoTransactionTest): Caused an ERROR
    Failed to load ApplicationContext
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to load ApplicationContext
    at org.springframework.test.context.TestContext.getAp plicationContext(TestContext.java:203)
    at org.springframework.test.context.support.Dependenc yInjectionTestExecutionListener.injectDependencies (DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener.java:109 )
    at org.springframework.test.context.support.Dependenc yInjectionTestExecutionListener.prepareTestInstanc e(DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener.java:75 )
    at org.springframework.test.context.TestContextManage r.prepareTestInstance(TestContextManager.java:255)
    at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUni t4ClassRunner.createTest(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.j ava:93)
    at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUni t4ClassRunner.invokeTestMethod(SpringJUnit4ClassRu nner.java:130)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [shared-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.<init>(I)V
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1337)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 64)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:221)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261 )
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:423)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:729)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:381)
    at org.springframework.test.context.support.AbstractG enericContextLoader.loadContext(AbstractGenericCon textLoader.java:84)
    at org.springframework.test.context.support.AbstractG enericContextLoader.loadContext(AbstractGenericCon textLoader.java:42)
    at org.springframework.test.context.TestContext.loadA pplicationContext(TestContext.java:173)
    at org.springframework.test.context.TestContext.getAp plicationContext(TestContext.java:199)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.<init>(I)V
    at net.sf.cglib.core.DebuggingClassWriter.<init>(Debu ggingClassWriter.java:47)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.getClas sWriter(DefaultGeneratorStrategy.java:30)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.generat e(DefaultGeneratorStrategy.java:24)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.create(Ab stractClassGenerator.java:216)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.create(KeyF actory.java:144)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.jav a:116)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.jav a:108)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.jav a:104)
    at net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.<clinit>(Enhancer.java :69)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.CGLIBLazyInitialize r.getProxyFactory(CGLIBLazyInitializer.java:117)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.CGLIBProxyFactory.p ostInstantiate(CGLIBProxyFactory.java:43)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.buil dProxyFactory(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:162)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer. <init>(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:135)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.<ini t>(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:55)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityEntityModeToTupli zerMapping.<init>(EntityEntityModeToTuplizerMappin g.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityMetamodel.<init>( EntityMetamodel.java:295)
    at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersi ster.<init>(AbstractEntityPersister.java:434)
    at org.hibernate.persister.entity.SingleTableEntityPe rsister.<init>(SingleTableEntityPersister.java:109 )
    at org.hibernate.persister.PersisterFactory.createCla ssPersister(PersisterFactory.java:55)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(Sessi onFactoryImpl.java:226)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactor y(Configuration.java:1294)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSes sionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:859)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFac toryBean.newSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean .java:814)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFac toryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBe an.java:732)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.AbstractSession FactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSessionFact oryBean.java:211)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1368)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)

Try to check the Petclinic sample app that you find in the spring zip...

Comment

Originally posted by andrew007 View Post
      Try to check the Petclinic sample app that you find in the spring zip...
      I already did that. It's really of no use in solving this problem.

Comment

I already did that. It's really of no use in solving this problem.
        Maybe you have to add the @ContextConfiguration annotation in your DAO test class. Check the HIbernate Test class of Petclinic..

Comment

The problem seems to be with netbeans and how it sets up the class path during compile time & runtime. After spending hours trying to track down the problem in netbeans, I moved the project over to eclipse and everything worked properly.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru80 View Post
            The problem seems to be with netbeans and how it sets up the class path during compile time & runtime. After spending hours trying to track down the problem in netbeans, I moved the project over to eclipse and everything worked properly.
            I'm using NetBeans 6.5 and it works perfectly...

Comment

Working...
            X