Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
StoredProc class exec method fails - BigDecimal to Decimal -values more than 5 digits Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StoredProc class exec method fails - BigDecimal to Decimal -values more than 5 digits

Hi All,
    I have a DTO that has an attribute salary defined as BigDecimal, I have a db2 database that has a column defined as Decimal(11,2). I set a datatype Types.Decimal and set the map with salary reading from dto. When we pass more than 5 digits(example: 100000), the call fails to update returning db2 SQLCODE: -302, SQLSTATE: 22003, SQLERRMC: null. But, when I execute the stored procedure directly it updates the data with no problems. And when I call the same method with a 5 digit value (99999) which is just 1 number less than my previous value, it updates successfuly.

I have checked the limits both for BigDecimal in Java, Decimal in DB2 database and if the mapping is right from BigDecimal to Decimal, they all seem to be right. I am not sure if I am missing something here. Some of you might have seen this issue, Please share your ideas.

Thanks in advance - BlueSky
Working...
X