Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate insert problem

Hi,

I'm using Spring 2.5.5, Hibernate 3.2.5 and MySQL 5 and I want to store a new row in the DB only if a row with the same unique index is not already stored, otherwise I would like to do an update on that row.

In order to do that I'm using the "insert-on-duplicate" feature of MySQL (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/...duplicate.html)
    Basically, I modified my Hibernate Mapping by adding the following

Code:
            <sql-insert>
            insert into vtable (datetime, type, id_group, id_location, value, id_value)
            values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
            ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE id_value=LAST_INSERT_ID(id_value), value=values(value)
            </sql-insert>

Now I have the following exception:

Code:
    2008-12-23 14:36:02,223 ERROR [org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher] - <Exception executing batch: >
    org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchedTooManyRowsAffectedException: Batch update returned unexpected row count from update [0]; actual row count: 2; expected: 1
    Does anybody has an idea how to solve the problem?
    THANKS!

Bye
    Last edited by andrew007; Dec 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM.

Use hibernate SaveorUpdate

use hibernate session.saveOrUpdate(Object); it will add the new record if not exist otherwise updates it.you should not use database specific techniques when using hibernate otherwise it will specific for mysql.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, but saveOrUpdate insert data if the PRIMARY KEY not exist otherwise update data. That is: saveOrUpdate is based on the primary key.
      In my case I want to update if the UNIQUE INDEX (datetime, type, id_group, id_location) is not already stored...

BYE!

Comment

Solved by using a stored procedure with Hibernate...

Code:
                <sql-insert check="none" callable="true">
                    {call saveOrUpdate (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)}
                </sql-insert>

Comment

Working...
        X