X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service without transactions fails to close Hibernate sess

I have a business service that has to perform reiterative queries against two Hibernate DAOs (each working against a different data source).

I can't wrap the service in a JTA transaction because one of the DBs doesn't support transactions at all (it's a legacy turnkey system).

The first query to each DAO works fine, but the second query kicks out "SessionImpl.finalize - unclosed connection, forgot to call close() on your session?" and the service hangs. I suspect this is because Spring isn't managing Hibernate's sessions since a transaction isn't wrapped around the service, right?

What are my options until the turnkey system suports JTA transactions? :?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

A dummy subclass of AbstractPlatformTransactionManager, with no ops for doCommit and doRollback, might do the trick. Haven't tried it--just thinking aloud.

Comment

That's interesting. But wouldn't something need to flush and close the Hibernate sessions?

Scott

Comment

Wondering if anyone else has ideas...?

Thanks in advance,
        Scott

Comment

For what it's worth I did a bunch or research into configuring JTA to work with MySQL (which doesn't have XA drivers as far as I can tell) and an Informix database that doesn't have logging turned on and have opted to give up on the JTA route for now.

Rod, I think you're right - subclassing AbstractPlatformTransactionManager seems to be the most straightforward course at this point.

If I'm going to do this, would there be any interest in a "HibernateTransactionManager" that accepts a list of sessionFactories or dataSources? It's not JTA, but it might be useful to others working with multiple JDBC-only and Hibernate-only datasources. Just trying to determine how much time I should spend on making this subclass useful for other environments.

Thanks,
          Scott

Comment

Argh, encountering some show-stoppers. See http://forum.springframework.org/viewtopic.php?t=3765 .

Scott

Comment

Working...
            X