X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I flush the hibernate session in my integration test

I have a junit test called testDeleteActivity() which gets the first activity, deletes it, uses jdbcTemplate to query to make sure it was deleted, and then rolls back the transaction.

Code:
    public void testDeleteActivity() {
          int numActivities = jdbcTemplate.queryForInt("select count(0) from activities");
          int minId = jdbcTemplate.queryForInt("select min(id) from activities");
          Activity a = activityDao.getActivity(minId);
          activityDao.deleteActivity(a);

assertNull(activityDao.getActivity(minId));

int newNumActivities = jdbcTemplate.queryForInt("select count(0) from activities");
          assertEquals(numActivities-1, newNumActivities);
       }
    My junit test class extend the AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests class.

The test fails when I do the second query, because the session hasn't been flushed yet. I could put a flush() command in my DAO implementation's delete() function... but that seems like a bad idea because every time you delete an activity it will force a flush. The other option is to call flush() in my testDelete function above, but I can't get access to the HibernateTemplate without changing my DAO interface to have a function called getHibernateTemplate or something.

Is there a good pattern I should use when I want to write a testDelete function and check the results with jdbcTemplate?

You can access the Hibernate Session using SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(SessionFactory sessionFactory, boolean allowCreate)

The SessionFactory can be obtained by IoC (add public void setSessionFactory(SessionFactory sessionFactory) {...} method).

Comment

This was very helpful!

Thank you!

Mark

Comment

I often use a HibernateTemplate in my test. Inject the SessionFactory as Tim mentions, but create a HibernateTemplate from it instead of storing the SessionFactory itself. Just like you were implementing a Hibernate DAO but didn't want to extend HibernateDaoSupport.

This way I can also easily do Hibernate verification in tests, as well as JDBC verification.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Rod. I appreciate the suggestion and will give it a try this weekend.

Best,

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X