Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate Jpa and Spring

Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry for my english, I'm french.

I did Mark Fisher's tutorial 'Getting Started With JPA in Spring 2.0' without any problem.

I tried to do the same thing with the hibernate implementation of JPA and that doesn't work anymore.

I only changed the libraries and the application-context.xml file :

Code:
       <bean id="restaurantDao" class="blog.jpa.dao.JpaRestaurantDao">
          <property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory"/>
       </bean>

<bean id="entityManagerFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
          <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
          <property name="persistenceUnitName" value="Spring" />
          <property name="jpaVendorAdapter">
             <bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter">
             	<property name="database" value="MYSQL"/>
                <property name="showSql" value="true"/>
                <property name="generateDdl" value="true"/>
                <property name="databasePlatform" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect"/>
             </bean>
          </property>
       </bean>

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource">
          <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
          <property name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/test"/>
          <property name="username" value="Beegees"/>
          <property name="password" value="***"/>
       </bean>

<bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor"/>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
          <property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory"/>
          <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
       </bean>

</beans>
    Here is my persistence.xml :
    Code:
        <persistence-unit name="Spring" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL"/>
    And when i run the Junit tests, I get this error :
    Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'productManager' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'restaurantDao' while setting bean property 'restaurantDao'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'restaurantDao' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'entityManagerFactory' while setting bean property 'entityManagerFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(Ljavax/persistence/spi/PersistenceUnitInfo;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljavax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory;
    If you want the complete trace, I can post it later.

Could you help me please?
    Thanks in advance

Beegees

Hi!
    I'm using Hibernate JPA and Spring.
    First of all I don't create a datasource in xml file. It's automatically done with you persistence.xml. Here is my persistence.xml:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <persistence>
    	<persistence-unit name="test-data" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
    		<provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
    		<properties>
    			<property name="hibernate.archive.autodetection" value="class, hbm" />
    			<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false" />
    			<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
    			<property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ldlcdemo" />
    			<property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="test" />
    			<property name="hibernate.connection.password" value="test" />
    			<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect" />
    			<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="validate" />
    			<property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="true" />
    		</properties>
    	</persistence-unit>
    </persistence>
    And my Spring config:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <beans>
    	<!-- Read META-INF/persistence.xml in classpath -->
    	<bean id="entityManagerFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean">
    		<property name="persistenceUnitName" value="test-data" />
    		<property name="jpaVendorAdapter">
    			<bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter">
    				<property name="showSql" value="true" />
    			</bean>
    		</property>
    	</bean>

<!-- Transaction Manager -->
    	<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
    		<property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory" />
    	</bean>

<!-- Enables interpretation of the @PersistenceUnit/@PersistenceContext annotations providing convenient
           access to EntityManagerFactory/EntityManager -->
    	<bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor">
    		<property name="defaultPersistenceUnitName" value="test-data" />
    	</bean>
    </beans>
    Ask me if you have any question.
    Mickael

Comment

Thanks!

I'll try it in few hours.

Comment

Check your classpath and check the correct version of the jars. You probably have an issue there.

Originally posted by mgetvais
        First of all I don't create a datasource in xml file. It's automatically done with you persistence.xml. Here is my persistence.xml:
        I would configure it in the xml. That makes it quite easy to swap for testing/environment purpose. When defined in the persistence.xml it is quite hard. Also I like to be in full control and not be delivered to the mercy of Hibernate creating/constructing the correct datasource. I want to be able to access the full C3P0/DBCP capability not just the once hibernate allows.

Comment

Here are my jars and their versions :
          _commons-logging.jar (1.1.1)
          _hibernate3.jar (3.3.0 SP1)
          _hibernate-entitymanager.jar (3.4.0 GA)
          _spring.jar (spring framework 2.5.5)
          _spring-jpa.jar (spring framework 2.5.5)
          _spring-mock.jar (spring framework 2.5.5)
          _junit.jar (4.4)
          _log4j.jar (1.2.15)
          _mysql-connector.jar (5.1.6)
          _toplink-essentials.jar (2.1 b48)

Are some jars missing? Are they all compatible?

Thx.

I just tried [email protected]'s solution and I have a new Error

Code:
          org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'restaurantDao' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'entityManagerFactory' while setting bean property 'entityManagerFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/util/file/ArchiveBrowser$Filter
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:275)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:104)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1245)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
          	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
          	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
          	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
          	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
          	at org.springframework.test.jpa.AbstractJpaTests.runBare(AbstractJpaTests.java:229)
          	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
          	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
          	at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:113)
          	at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:124)
          	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:232)
          	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:227)
          	at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit38ClassRunner.run(JUnit38ClassRunner.java:81)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:38)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
          	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
          Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/util/file/ArchiveBrowser$Filter
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1337)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
          	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:269)
          	... 33 more
          Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/util/file/ArchiveBrowser$Filter
          	at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:72)
          	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean.createNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:81)
          	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:251)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1368)
          	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)
          	... 43 more

Beegees
          Last edited by beegees; Sep 9th, 2008, 07:38 AM.

Comment

You should fix the class not found exception. Apparently you reference some JBoss classes directly in the code.

Comment

I don't reference any Jboss class in my application. I have no compilation issue.

I tried with spring 2.0 (this time i used maven to manage libraries) with my application-context.xml and the error is the same:

Code:
              org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'restaurantDao' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'entityManagerFactory' while setting bean property 'entityManagerFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(Ljavax/persistence/spi/PersistenceUnitInfo;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljavax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory;
              Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(Ljavax/persistence/spi/PersistenceUnitInfo;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljavax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory;
              Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(Ljavax/persistence/spi/PersistenceUnitInfo;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljavax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory;
              	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.createNativeEntityManagerFactory(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:218)
              	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:251)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1201)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1171)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:425)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:261)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:109)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1099)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:861)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:421)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:287)
              	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
              	at org.springframework.test.jpa.AbstractJpaTests.runBare(AbstractJpaTests.java:229)
              	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
              	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
              	at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
              	at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
              	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
              	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
              	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
              	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
              	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
              	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
              	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
              	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
              Is it LocalContainerEntityMangerFactoryBean or LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean in the application-context.xml?

Comment

Can you post your pom.xml. I've encountered some problems with Maven and Spring.
                Mickael

Comment

Code:
                  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
                    <groupId>spring2</groupId>
                    <artifactId>spring2</artifactId>
                    <version>0.0.1</version>
                    <dependencies>
                      <dependency>
                        <groupId>hibernate</groupId>
                        <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
                        <version>3.1rc2</version>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                        <artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>
                        <version>3.1beta4</version>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                        <artifactId>hibernate-entitymanager</artifactId>
                        <version>3.1beta1</version>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                        <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0.6</version>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                        <artifactId>spring-jpa</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0.6</version>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                        <artifactId>spring-mock</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0.6</version>
                      </dependency>
                      <dependency>
                        <groupId>mysql</groupId>
                        <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
                        <version>5.0.5</version>
                      </dependency>
                    </dependencies>

Comment

Di you try with this version of Hibernate?
                    Code:
                    <!-- Hibernate -->
                    			<dependency>
                    				<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
                    				<artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
                    				<version>3.2.6.ga</version>
                    				<type>jar</type>
                    			</dependency>
                    			<dependency>
                    				<artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>
                    				<version>3.3.1.GA</version>
                    				<type>jar</type>
                    			</dependency>
                    			<dependency>
                    				<artifactId>hibernate-entitymanager</artifactId>
                    				<version>3.3.2.GA</version>
                    				<type>jar</type>
                    			</dependency>

Comment

Thanks! It works!
                      I'll try at home and then i'll but the 'resolved' tag on the subject.

Bye!

Comment

add these jars to your classpath

commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
                        dom4j-1.1.jar
                        commons-collections-3.1.jar
                        ehcache-0.6.jar
                        jta-1.0.1B.jar
                        mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar
                        c3p0-0.8.4.5.jar
                        persistence.jar
                        spring.jar