X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up JOTM within Websphere

As an effort to make my app testable outside Websphere, I'm moving away from Websphere JTA and attempting to use JOTM for transaction management. My question is this. The Spring download(with dependencies) only comes with jotm.jar. Is this the only jar I need?

My datasources are configured via Websphere and I'm hooking to them using JNDI.

Code:
    	<bean id="myDataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
    		<property name="jndiName">
    			<value>jdbc/myDS</value>
    		</property>
    	</bean>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager">
    		<property name="userTransaction"><ref local="jotm"/></property>
    	</bean>

<bean id="jotm" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JotmFactoryBean" />

Thanks in advance.

Why do you need JTA in your tests at all? Do they involve distributed transactions? Otherwise you could simply use a different PlatformTransactionManager outside WebSphere.

Comment

I guess by moving to JOTM, I'm not tying any of our code to websphere specificially. My question is more around what I must do to configure JOTM in a Websphere 5.1 environment.

For testing sake, I am not using distributed transactions so my original statement isn't correct.

Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
      X