Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pierdeux View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement...

For the sake of argument and for my own learning, what kind of test would be acceptable as a proof that it does work?
    Well, not getting lazy loading exceptions for starters.

Comment

Hi, I think that:

a) works because you refresh the region. Refreshing a detached object, initialize it and cascade the refresh to his childs.

b) Don't work because you never initialize the regionLocalized Map, so calling get() will throw a LazyUnitializedException. Getting a entry of a collection don't initialize the collection itself. Initilializing a Collection, don't ensure that elements are initialized.

If you simply initialize collection and the elements you need before returning from fully* methods, both will work.

Code:
      public class RegionDao extends HibernateDaoSupport {

public void fullyLoadA(final Region region, final Language lang) {
      		getHibernateTemplate().execute(new HibernateCallback() {
      			public Object doInHibernate(Session session) throws HibernateException, SQLException {
      				session.refresh(region);
      				Hibernate.initialize(region.getLocalized());
                                      Hibernate.initialize(region.getLocalized().get(lang));
      				return null;
      			}
      		});
      	}

public void fullyLoadB(Region region, Language lang) {
      		region = (Region) getHibernateTemplate().load(Region.class, region.getId());
      		  Hibernate.initialize(region.getLocalized());
                        Hibernate.initialize(region.getLocalized().get(lang));
      	}
      }

regards

Comment

Now come on, guys. We're not in kindergarten.
        of course we are not, and is not necessary your agression, i am try to help you

I am not posting my entire application
        of course not

You can assume that inServiceLayer() is defined inside the SystemArchitecture class (which I did not provide either).
        now you must assume that a DAO object must be wrapped by a BO object and this managed by Spring Transaction so.

What I can say is that I have used that transaction setup for about 12 months, all the while reading, writing, updating and deleting from the database, committing and rolling back transactions, and running tests upon tests. I have got 12 months of practical success with that transaction setup.
        wondered after 12 months you have problems now

what would be universally considered as a good test of such a transaction setup?
        here some help
        http://static.springframework.org/sp...e/testing.html
        Last edited by dr_pompeii; Aug 28th, 2008, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dejanp View Post
          Well, not getting lazy loading exceptions for starters.
          the last line in loadedB could be
          Code:
          log.info("within loadedB: " + region.getLocalized().get(Language.EN));
          if this succeeds, then the initialisation worked correctly.

failure would indicate a difference between the code behind Hibernate.initialize() and getHibernateTemplate().initialize().

what i was getting at earlier was a difference between refresh (which uses original object) and load (which creates a new object).

Comment

Working...
          X