Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
No transaction in transactional service called from @PostConstruct Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this or somethings similar become part of the framework already? I also have the problem that no Hibernate session is available in a @PostConstruct

Comment

no but the patch works fine!

Comment

Thanks for the patch!
        I however have a problem when using it:
        I have an init() method on a DAOImpl, annotated as @PostInitialize. This method is not part of the interface.

When the method or class is also annotated as @Transactional, a proxy is created for the DAOImpl class. However the scan does not pick up the PostInitialize on this proxy as the method is not even part of the proxy method list. Adding the method to the interface didn't solve the problem either. Although it was now present, the PostInitialize annotation was not picked up. Moving the annotation to the interface doesn't help either. Does the fact that annotations are not inherited got something to do with this?

A hibernate session is required for the init() to work, thats the whole point of the PostInitializer. Should PostInitialize perhaps provide a Transaction scope to run the init() methods in?

I'm not convinced that a method like init() should always be part of the interface. I would like to leave it up to the implementer to decide if his DAO needs cache warmup.

I'm using spring 3.0.4.
        Last edited by fiaskow; Nov 2nd, 2010, 03:37 AM.

Comment

fiaskow, not sure it can be done. You see, all we do is plain old Java reflection. We got an object and check for its methods (in all morphs). If the object itself is Spring proxy, created by usual Spring AOP (JDK dynamic proxy) it will contain only the methods of the interface.

Comment

would like to leave it up to the implementer to decide if his DAO needs cache warmup.

Comment

I have done it different way finaly

Hi folks.

I have experimented with @PostInitialize and finally I have decided to use TransactionalTemplate. It works well without problems for us.

I described it here - http://javatweet.blogspot.com/2011/0...sses-post.html

Comment

Originally posted by Petr Skokan View Post
                Hi folks.

I have experimented with @PostInitialize and finally I have decided to use TransactionalTemplate. It works well without problems for us.

I described it here - http://javatweet.blogspot.com/2011/0...sses-post.html
                You could have put the @Transactional on the onApplicationEvent() and call directly to the DAO instead of using the TransactionalTemplate...

Comment

cool,
                  just for ease of use (one download rather than two), I'm re-posting the complete patched version, with the exclusion of a debug print that mistakenly infiltrated the code previously.

Comment

Working good, but...

Originally posted by zvizvi View Post
                    good of you!
                    Thanks for the patch. It's working fine, with @Transactional and @PostInitialize.
                    However, I did found one issue with it.
                    When the Bean using the @PostInitialize have an interface, the runner does not work, as it tries to iterate the Proxy methods instread of the class mathods.

I'm using spring 3.1.
                    Anyone know of a newly added feature in spring 3.1 that can work around this issue, w/o PostInitialize?

Comment

Working...
                    X