Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tx:jta-transaction-manager and JBoss 4.0.5

Hi,
    I have a problem trying to deploy an application using : Spring 2.5.2 on JBoss 4.0.5
    In my classes I use at 'Transactional' annotation so I tried the following :

<tx:jta-transaction-manager />
    <tx:annotation-driven />

I got the following : Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Invocation of init method
    failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: No JTA
    UserTransaction available - specify either 'userTransaction' or
    'userTransactionName' or 'transactionManager' or 'transactionManagerName' at
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.ini
    tializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.jav a:1302)

2. Then I tried this :
    <tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="transactionManager"/>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTran sactionManager">
    <property name="userTransactionName">
    <value>UserTransaction</value>
    </property>
    <property name="transactionManagerName" value="java:/TransactionManager" />
    </bean>

Now I got : "org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystem Exception: JTA UserTransaction is not available at JNDI location
    [UserTransaction]; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out
    [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]"

3. If I remove the properties of the bean transactionManager :
    <bean id="txManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTran sactionManager"></bean>

I get : org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager' defined in ServletContext resource
    [/WEB-INF/global.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException:
    No JTA UserTransaction available - specify either 'userTransaction' or 'userTransactionName' or 'transactionManager' or 'transactionManagerName'
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1302)

Before trying to move to JBoss I used Jetty and the following TM and it was fine :

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTran sactionManager">
    <property name="transactionManager">
    <ref local="atomikosTM" />
    </property>
    <property name="userTransaction">
    <ref local="atomikosUTX" />
    </property>
    </bean>

<bean id="atomikosTM" class="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.UserTransactionMana ger" />
    <bean id="atomikosUTX" class="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.UserTransactionImp" />

I checked both JBoss and Spring forums and I couldn't find a suitable solution.
    I appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance,
    kama.

I've got the same error. Any idea ?

Comment

what I did

for me the problem turned to be some Maven transitive dependencies injected into the final .war file. I just removed them ( JBoss-client.jar, jta.jar ) and it worked.

good luck,
      kama

Comment

It solved my problem - thanks for posting this

I had run myself into that some years ago, and now I got the same error and your post reminded me of that :-)

Thanks for posting this here...

Comment

Working...
        X