Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring + hibernate 3 = antlr.ANTLRException

Hi,

my colleagues started developing an online application using spring, and hiberante for database access. They used IntelliJ as IDE for development, but since we don't have this license anymore, we imported the project into Eclipse.
    Now it seems that there are conflicts after this migration.

The problem is the following:

when I launch the Tomcat-application in eclipse, the project get's deployed and no problems arise. When I open the application in a browser I get the login-screen as expected (no problems until now).

When I try to login, I get an error page (see below for the stacktrace).
    It seems that there's a very simple solution: adding antlr to the classpath.
    But the strange thing is that antlr-lib (ant-antlr-1.6.5.jar) is present in the classpath of the project.

I already tried to clean out the build path and start making it from scratch, but that didn't sort things out. I also tried other versions of antlr (antlr-3.0.1.jar), but no solution there either.

Has anyone got an idea how to fix this problem, because it cost me already several hours?

Thx in advance!

Code:
    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: antlr.ANTLRException
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    	at org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory.createQueryTranslator(ASTQueryTranslatorFactory.java:35)
    	at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.<init>(HQLQueryPlan.java:74)
    	at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.<init>(HQLQueryPlan.java:56)
    	at org.hibernate.engine.query.QueryPlanCache.getHQLQueryPlan(QueryPlanCache.java:72)
    	at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.getHQLQueryPlan(AbstractSessionImpl.java:133)
    	at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.createQuery(AbstractSessionImpl.java:112)
    	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.createQuery(SessionImpl.java:1623)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate$30.doInHibernate(HibernateTemplate.java:919)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.doExecute(HibernateTemplate.java:419)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.executeWithNativeSession(HibernateTemplate.java:374)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.find(HibernateTemplate.java:917)
    	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.find(HibernateTemplate.java:909)
    	at dao.TaalDaoImpl.findAll(TaalDaoImpl.java:35)
    	at manager.TaalManagerImpl.findAll(TaalManagerImpl.java:43)
    	at action.WerknemersAction.loadLists(WerknemersAction.java:564)
    	at action.WerknemersAction.login(WerknemersAction.java:380)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:404)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:267)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:229)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:221)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:224)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:223)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack.java:455)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:221)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(ValidationInterceptor.java:150)
    	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:48)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:224)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:223)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack.java:455)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:221)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept(ConversionErrorInterceptor.java:123)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(ParametersInterceptor.java:167)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(StaticParametersInterceptor.java:105)
    	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(CheckboxInterceptor.java:83)
    	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInterceptor.java:207)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(ModelDrivenInterceptor.java:74)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.java:127)

at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ProfilingActivationInterceptor.intercept(ProfilingActivationInterceptor.java:107)
    	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.intercept(DebuggingInterceptor.java:206)
    	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ChainingInterceptor.intercept(ChainingInterceptor.java:115)

I finaly found some sort of solution, but I'm not fully happy with it.

Instead of putting the antlr-lib in the classpath of my project, I put it in the lib/ folder of my tomcat distribution. And by suprise it worked. Anyone 's got an idea how this is possible?

Comment

I think the order in which the jar files are loaded is an issue. Whenever we set the classpath manually, the jar files are loaded in the order they appear in the classpath. Thus, we have to know the order in which the dependent jar's should be loaded.

If we use build tools like ant or maven this issue doesn't arise. Similarly, when the server load's the jar files it determines the order and then starts the loading.

Can anyone verify this ?

Comment

If you have the dependent jar files inside WEB-INF/lib folder it should work. Can you verify this?

Comment

Yes, keeping the jar files in WEB-INF/lib should also work. The only difference between <Tomcat_Home>/lib and <Web-Application>/WEB-INF/lib is that the jar files present in the <Tomcat_Home>/lib are available across all the deployed web apps while the <Web-Application>/lib jar files are available only in the context of this particular app.

Comment

Working...
          X