Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransactionProxyFactoryBean with non-Spring supplied target?

I would like to use the declarative transaction management abililities of TransactionProxyFactoryBean in conjunction with JTATransactionManager and JOTM.

My problem is that I can't wire-up the target on TransactionProxyFactoryBean, because the object that is to be proxied is supplied by Hibernate (recreated from database), and so isn't defined in my applicationContext.xml configuration file. As I understand it, the tx proxy factory bean only proxies the object that it is wired to in the configuration file.

I tried manually getting the factory bean and setting the target programmatically, but there was a startup error saying that target was not set.

This is what I have in my applicationContext.xml file so far:

Code:
    <bean id="jotm" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JotmFactoryBean"/>
    <bean id="jtaTransactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager">
    	<property name="userTransaction">
    		<ref local="jotm"/>
    	</property>
    </bean>
    <bean id="xaDataSource" class="org.enhydra.jdbc.standard.StandardXADataSource"
    	singleton="false" destroy-method="shutdown">
    	<property name="transactionManager">
    		<ref local="jotm"/>
    	</property>
    </bean>
    <bean id="xaPoolDataSource"
    	class="org.enhydra.jdbc.pool.StandardXAPoolDataSource"
    	destroy-method="shutdown" singleton="false">
    	<property name="dataSource">
    		<ref local="xaDataSource"/>
    	</property>
    </bean>
    <bean id="jtaTransactionProxy"
    	class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionProxyFactoryBean" lazy-init="true">
    	<property name="transactionManager">
    		<ref local="jtaTransactionManager"/>
    	</property>
    	<property name="transactionAttributes">
    		<props>
    			<!-- write actions&#58; rollback if any exception occurs -->
    			<prop key="execute*">PROPAGATION_REQUIRED,-Exception</prop>
    		</props>
    	</property>
    	<property name="target">
    		<bean id="quartzJob" class="com.thatone.archie.engine.job.QuartzJobImpl" singleton="false"/>
    	</property>
    </bean>
    Any help or pointers to resources that might be helpful would be really appreciated.

thanks...

I'm not sure it's good usage, but you could define a transactional prototype bean and configure Hibernate to get a prototype instance from the current application context instance of using new when creating a new object. I can't remember the details of how to do this with Hibernate, but I know some users do use DI on Hibernate-managed instances this way.

There will be a performance overhead compared to using new, but you should be OK unless you're retrieving large numbers of objects.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Johnson
      I'm not sure it's good usage, but you could define a transactional prototype bean and configure Hibernate to get a prototype instance from the current application context instance of using new when creating a new object. I can't remember the details of how to do this with Hibernate, but I know some users do use DI on Hibernate-managed instances this way.

There will be a performance overhead compared to using new, but you should be OK unless you're retrieving large numbers of objects.
      Any more leads on where to do this? We're facing a similar issue. Is this transactional prototype bean something we would create based on a Hibernate class or a Spring class?

Comment

Working...
      X