X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimpleJdbcInsert executeBatch

Hi I am using the following cod eto do a batch insert but it gives me the following error:

org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException : PreparedStatementCallback; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [INSERT INTO CLOSINGPRICES (CLOSEDATE, PRODUCTID, REGION, SECURITYTYPE, EXCHANGE, CLOSINGPRICE, TIMESTAMP, HOST_INSTANCE_IDENTIFIER) VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; SQL state [null]; error code [-99999]; Invalid data conversion: Parameter object type is invalid for requested conversion.; nested exception is com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: Invalid data conversion: Parameter object type is invalid for requested conversion.

This works if I insert the records individually! Can you please help

Code:
    		SqlParameterSource[] array = new SqlParameterSource[productDataObjects.size()]; 

for (int i = 0; i < productDataObjects.size(); i++) {

ProductDataObject productDataObject = (ProductDataObject)productDataObjects.get(i);

array[i] = new MapSqlParameterSource()		
    				.addValue("CLOSEDATE", now, Types.DATE)
    				.addValue("PRODUCTID", productDataObject.getProductIdentifier(), Types.VARCHAR)
    				.addValue("REGION", productDataObject.getRegion(), Types.VARCHAR)
    				.addValue("SECURITYTYPE", productDataObject.getProductType(), Types.VARCHAR)
    				.addValue("EXCHANGE", productDataObject.getExchange(), Types.VARCHAR)
    				.addValue("CLOSINGPRICE", productDataObject.getClosingPrice(), Types.DOUBLE)
    				.addValue("TIMESTAMP", new java.sql.Timestamp(now.getTime()) , Types.TIMESTAMP)
    				.addValue("HOST_INSTANCE_IDENTIFIER", hostname , Types.VARCHAR);

}

insertActor.executeBatch(array);

Can you post the data types that are defined for the actual table colums so we can match that up with the data inserted.

Comment

Sure..
      Date, Varchar,Varchar,Varchar,Varchar,, Decimal, Timestamp, Varchar

Comment

I have used batch insert with all of those datatypes. What version of DB2 and JDBC driver are you using?

Can you post your SimpleJdbcInsert configuration and also the non-batch code you used successfully.

Also, enabling debug for "org.springframework.jdbc.core" would help tracking this down.

Comment

Working...
        X