Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transactions across multiple datasources

Hi,

I have a DAO that extends HibernateDaoSupport and is proxied by a TransactionProxyFactoryBean. The relevant dataSource, sessionFactory, and transactionManager are all defined in a standard way.

Code:
    <bean id="dataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
    	<property name="driverClassName"><value>${jdbc.driverClassName}</value></property>
    	<property name="url"><value>${jdbc.url}</value></property>
    	<property name="username"><value>${jdbc.username}</value></property>
    	<property name="password"><value>${jdbc.password}</value></property>
    </bean>

<bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
    	<property name="dataSource"><ref local="dataSource"/></property>
    	<property name="mappingResources">
    		<list> <!-- .hbm.xml files listed here --> </list>
    	</property>
    </bean>

<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTransactionManager">
    	<property name="sessionFactory"><ref local="sessionFactory"/></property>
    </bean>
    However, in addition to accessing the datasource defined by the "dataSource" bean, the DAO calls methods which access another datasource. These reads/writes are obviously outside the control of the defined "transactionManager", but I would like to bring them under it's control. Is it possible to define a transactional proxy for a DAO that reads/writes multiple datasources?

Thanks in advance,
    DM

You would have to use JTA. Spring by itself cannot support multiple db's.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Presumably to use Spring with JTA I need to change the implementation class of the transaction manager bean. Using JTA, how do I configure a Hibernate session factory that works with muliple datasources?

Comment

You don't a SessionFactory works with one datasource only. So you would need to define multiple SessionFactories.

Comment

Working...
        X