Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSessionInViewFilter - Problems

Hi,

I have the classic problem with Lazy Initialization Error. I have encountered this error in one of my previous projects, and after investigating the boards, I found that the solution was to include Spring's OpenSessionInViewFilter. So, I tried the same solution on my current project. The only relevant difference that I can see between the two projects, is that the one with the problems use many-to-many associations in hibernate. Everything else is set the same. I keep receiving this error when i try to insert into my database.

Code:
    javax.faces.FacesException: #{AJAX_CREATE_PRODUCT.processAjaxRequest}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: /widgets/configurationTabPanel.xhtml @55,253 action="#{AJAX_CREATE_PRODUCT.processAjaxRequest}": org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageException: Write operations are not allowed in read-only mode (FlushMode.NEVER/MANUAL): Turn your Session into FlushMode.COMMIT/AUTO or remove 'readOnly' marker from transaction definition.
    	com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:98)
    	javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:332)
    	org.ajax4jsf.component.AjaxActionComponent.broadcast(AjaxActionComponent.java:61)
    	org.ajax4jsf.component.AjaxViewRoot.processEvents(AjaxViewRoot.java:186)
    	org.ajax4jsf.component.AjaxViewRoot.broadcastEvents(AjaxViewRoot.java:164)
    	org.ajax4jsf.component.AjaxViewRoot.processApplication(AjaxViewRoot.java:352)
    	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:95)
    	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:245)
    	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:110)
    	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:213)
    	org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:198)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:75)
    	org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:141)
    	org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:281)

That's not a lazy initialization error - it looks like you have something wrong with your transaction demarcation settings. Can you post the relevant portions of your Spring config, or describe what you're doing for transaction management?

Comment

That was quick...

I found the solution using this thread..

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=12414

Comment

Working...
      X