Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection o Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection o

I don't whats exactly prob is all about but it is throwing me following exception.

From other thread i understood of using getSession().load(UserDto.class, new String(id)); or Hibernate.initialize(ref to collection); but still im facing same exception.

Please let me know is that i'm correct.

Code:
    [ERROR] 18:03:14 LazyInitializationException - failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: com.fulcrum.authentication.dto.UserDto.roles, no session or session was closed
    org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: com.fulcrum.authentication.dto.UserDto.roles, no session or session was closed
    	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationException(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:358)
    	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationExceptionIfNotConnected(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:350)
    	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.initialize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:343)
    	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.read(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:86)
    	at org.hibernate.collection.PersistentSet.toString(PersistentSet.java:309)
    	at com.fulcrum.services.UserServiceImpl.findById(UserServiceImpl.java:37)
    	at com.fulcrum.services.AuthenticationServiceImpl.authenticate(AuthenticationServiceImpl.java:22)
    	at com.fulcrum.authentication.controller.LoginController.execute(LoginController.java:35)
    	at com.fulcrum.base.controller.BaseSimpleFormController.onSubmit(BaseSimpleFormController.java:36)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleFormController.processFormSubmission(SimpleFormController.java:267)
    Here is my Java code using HibernateTemplate
    Code:
    	public UserDto findById(final String id) throws BusinessException {
    		logger.info("Loading user: "+id);
    		return (UserDto) getHibernateTemplate().get(UserDto.class, new String(id));
    	}
    and HBM file
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC
        "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN" 
        "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd">

<hibernate-mapping>

<class name="com.fulcrum.authentication.dto.UserDto" table="FL_USER">

<id name="username" type="string" unsaved-value="null" >
    			<column name="USER_ID" sql-type="varchar2(2000)" not-null="true"/>
    			<generator class="assigned"/>
    		</id>		

<property name="firstName" type="string" update="true" insert="false" unique="false"></property>
    		<property name="lastName" type="string" update="true" insert="false" unique="false"></property>
    		<property name="active" type="string" update="true" insert="false" unique="false" not-null="true"></property>

<set name="roles" table="FL_USER_ROLES" >
    			<key column="USER_ID"/>
    			<many-to-many column="ROLE_ID" lazy="false" unique="true" class="com.fulcrum.authentication.dto.RoleDto" />
    		</set>

</class>

<class name="com.fulcrum.authentication.dto.RoleDto" table="FL_ROLES">
        	<id name="roleId" type="string" unsaved-value="null">
        		<column name="ROLE_ID" sql-type="varchar2(4000)" not-null="true"/>
        		<generator class="assigned" />
        	</id>
    		<property name="role" column="ROLE" type="string" update="false" insert="false" unique="false"></property>
    		<property name="roleDesc" column="ROLE_DESC" type="string" update="false" insert="false" unique="false"></property>
        </class>
    </hibernate-mapping>

Once the Hibernate Session is closed anything that hasn't been loaded, can't be loaded without reattaching your entity to a Hibernate Session. If you aren't using Transactions, OpenSessionInView or managing the Session lifecycle yourself, then the Session will end once the statement has been executed. Try adding a transaction to your AuthenticationServiceImpl.
    http://static.springframework.org/sp...ransaction.htm

Comment

Still facing same issue even after following change
      Code:
      	public UserDto findById(final String id) throws BusinessException {
      		UserDto userDto = new UserDto();
      		Transaction tx = getSession().beginTransaction();
      		tx.begin();
      		userDto =(UserDto) getHibernateTemplate().get(UserDto.class, new String(id));
      		logger.info("Loading user: "+id);
      		tx.commit();
      		return userDto;

Comment

You need to wrap the service method in the transaction as well. Your getting the error in UserServiceImpl.java:37 not in the DAO call. When your UserServiceImpl is trying to access the collection its allready closed.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpInMD View Post
          You need to wrap the service method in the transaction as well. Your getting the error in UserServiceImpl.java:37 not in the DAO call. When your UserServiceImpl is trying to access the collection its allready closed.
          yaa I tryied with @Transactional and it worked so.. thanks

Comment

Hi TerpInMD
            As you said we need to wrap the service method in the transaction as well. we are getting the error in UserServiceImpl.java:37 not in the DAO call. When your UserServiceImpl is trying to access the collection its allready closed.

could you pls explain how we can achive this with a sample code.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Have found the right configuration for your problem? I'm facing the same issue, integrating CXF soap binding in front of Spring services using hibernate DAO.

Comment

Working...
              X