Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iBatis returning AOP proxy instead of target class?

I have a simple interface Example with an implementing class called ExampleImpl.
    I wanted to add some AOP functionality to the class and declared a ProxyFactoryBean to achieve this. All beans that have a reference to an Example declare this using the bean name "example", which is now actually a reference to the Proxy instead.
    This works fine and the declaration looks like this:

Code:
    <bean id="exampleTarget" class="domain.ExampleImpl"></bean>

<bean id="example" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean">
      <property name="target">
    	<ref local="exampleTarget"/>
      </property>
      <property name="proxyInterfaces">
        <value>domain.Example</value>
      </property>
      <property name="interceptorNames">
        <list>
            <value>methodInterceptor1</value>
        </list>
      </property>
    </bean>
    Instances of Example is supposed to be fetched from the database using iBatis. My question is how I get iBatis to return the ProxyFactoryBean instead of an instance of ExampleImpl?

If I got it right, I must declare the implementing class in iBatis result-map element, in my case "domain.ExampleImpl", like this:

<result-map name="result" class="domain.ExampleImpl">
    <property name="exampleId" column="EXAMPLEID" columnIndex="1" />
    <property name="exampleString" column="EXAMPLESTRING" columnIndex="2" />
    </result-map>

Put in another way: Instead of class="domain.ExampleImpl" I would like to be able to write something like bean="example".

How can this be done?

Thanks
    /jo

At the moment as I'm aware, Spring's has no tighter bondage with iBatis than SqlMapClientTemplate - which nicely transactionaly and exception converting exposes default SqlMapClientOperations.

If there is something as Interceptor (see Hibernate) in iBatis, than you can probably do something similar as http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p...va?view=markup

Other simple solution is to actualy write wrapper class:

class ExampleWrapper {

private Example example;

public ExampleWrapper() {
    ProxyFactory proxyFactory = new ProxyFactory(new ExampleImpl());
    proxyFactory.addAdvice(new MethodInterceptor());
    this.example = (Example)proxyFactory.getProxy();
    }

public Object getFoo() {
    return example.getFoo();
    }

public void setFoo(Object foo) {
    example.setFoo(foo);
    }
    }

Comment

Thanks for the Advice (pun intended)!

I think the wrapper idea is the way to go, but maybe in a somewhat other fashion. I think I'll have a (Spring managed) bean Example that simply holds a reference to a (not Spring managed) object ExampleData that only holds data. The constructor in Example will make sure that ExampleData is loaded from iBatis. This way I can advice Example (or rather it's interface) as it's a Spring managed Bean, without having to put any Spring dependencies in my code.

Thanks again
      /jo

Comment

Working...
      X