X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audit Trail for Data Access in Spring

I would like to ask if there is any generic audit trail to the data access in the JDOInterceptor/HibernateInterceptor or in Spring?

If not, besides the use of the database trigger, anyone has input on the versioning and audit-trial? My idea is to have, say an "AuditInterceptor", to be putting into the TransactionProxyFactoryBean, so that all DAOs will be keeping the version, i.e. before&after image.

Anyone also face such a case? If yes, could you provide me some solutions or ideas?

Very thanks.....Welcome for discussion!

Hi,

I developed a solution using an Spring AOP, it's independant of the persistance mechanism you use.

You can check it at http://oness.sourceforge.net, what you'd like is in the oness-common-model module.

Regards

Comment

Carlos

This is very interesting. I regularly need to deal with temporal data issues for clients, so I'm especially interested in that part of your solution, and look forward to looking at it in detail.

Rgds
      Rod

Comment

Originally posted by carlos
        I developed a solution using an Spring AOP, it's independant of the persistance mechanism you use.

You can check it at http://oness.sourceforge.net, what you'd like is in the oness-common-model module.
        Hi, I just have a look to your ONess project. First to say, it is very nice as the common modules implemented in AOP could be used seperately.

However, I would like to ask for several questions:

1. I saw that you're now using the "DefaultAdvisorAutoProxyCreator" for the Audit advice. Do you think the Audit advice could be plugged into the ProxyFactoryBean as a normal interceptor?

2. I can't find the database schema creation scripts of the audit trail columns or even the hibernate mapping file. Does it involve the versioning of a particular data row or just to stamp the last update user and date?

Thanks....looking forward to getting your reply. :oops:

Comment

Originally posted by dowchen
          Hi, I just have a look to your ONess project. First to say, it is very nice as the common modules implemented in AOP could be used seperately.
          Thanks, I'll reply you here but for further questions about ONess it would be better to use the oness-user mailing list.
          Also after last release I've made major improvements so you'd better check cvs sources (or source xref reports in the web site). A new release will be made by this week.
          1. I saw that you're now using the "DefaultAdvisorAutoProxyCreator" for the Audit advice. Do you think the Audit advice could be plugged into the ProxyFactoryBean as a normal interceptor?
          Yes, because all my DAOs are auditable, just don't want to lost time defining lots of beans.
          2. I can't find the database schema creation scripts of the audit trail columns or even the hibernate mapping file. Does it involve the versioning of a particular data row or just to stamp the last update user and date?
          I use xdoclet to generate Hibernate configuration files. The tags are in AbstractBusinessObject I think. Data is versioned, a new record is inserted when updating and delete only marks record as deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by carlos
            Thanks, I'll reply you here but for further questions about ONess it would be better to use the oness-user mailing list.
            Also after last release I've made major improvements so you'd better check cvs sources (or source xref reports in the web site). A new release will be made by this week.
            Thanks for your reply. I like your design on the temporal data handling. I will try to discover more. :oops:

Comment

Working...
            X